You should have seen the other guy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, I hope you're doing ok, and enjoying being back home. I LOVE Larvae as a name :D

Your posts crack me up! At least you can still keep your sense of humour when you're feeling that rubbish! :)

I hope you made it home ok, and managed to get some decent rest. Did they send you home with lots of good pain meds?

:bouquet: I hope you're feeling better soon!

I tell you, if I ever end up in hospital, I want you as a room mate - you have the greatest sense of humour :D

Hope you aren't in too much discomfort - at least you will be able to get some rest when you are home (if the animals let you ;))

Jan

ouch when you were talking about your eye being sewn shut my eye started hurting, ouch!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are home, rest up

Love your sense of humor... and glad to hear you are home.

Silly surgery stories to share - Percoset made me hallucinate... told the docs no more of that stuff when I "saw" my surgeon coming down the hall with a pair of comic book googley eyeglasses on and a butcher knife in his hand... then I dreamt the delivery room nurses hid my baby (he's almost 18 now) and wouldn't give him back...

My big thing about surgery (and I have had 4 knee surgeries with an ACL repair pending) is that they ALWAYS take my skivvies (panties, knickers... whatever you want to call them) away. I actually made a pair labeled "Leave the Panties On" for my recent gallbladder surgery (much to my hubby's horror)... the prep nurses said (after a few giggles) they were in the surgeon's field (normally my insulin pump would be clipped to them if they take my bra away) and I would have to remove them...and the insulin pump.

During one of my knee surgeries, after the fact, one of the nurses would not give my underwear back to me...she told me "everyone's butt hangs out." My argument was it is MY butt hanging out and sorry, but I am not going there (again, being em-barr-assed is not my thing) LOL.

I used my crutches to reach my bag and fished a pair of underwear out...my roommate was in stitches listening to me banter on about my underwear... and she offered me some of her candy that she had received since I made her day.

Hope you recover quickly and can get back on the horse who injured you!

Denise

I missed your surgery and to give you well-wishes!

I am glad that you made it through! I hope you get a speedy recovery!

Side note on morphine, I had my appendix out when I was in 5th grade and had to have morphine. I hate the stuff. I was hallucinating like mad. There was a larger-than-normal nurse in yellow scrubs with black on them (design or something) and I thought she was a bee! I attacked her with a rolled up magazine according to my mum... :twitch:

LOL!!

I had percocet when I had a root canal (the dentist didn't get all the nerve) one time. My mom dropped me off at my condo and she and my sis went out shopping.... (this was before we had cell phones) and I guess the doc told me to take 2 every 4-6 hours...... and I did take 2 and woke up what I thought was 4 hours later and I was in terrible pain.. I took 2 more...... they aren't sure how many I took but my neighbor found me outside walking around crying saying how my sister and mom abandoned me and how no one cared that I was dying..... LOL

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL!!

I had percocet when I had a root canal (the dentist didn't get all the nerve) one time. My mom dropped me off at my condo and she and my sis went out shopping.... (this was before we had cell phones) and I guess the doc told me to take 2 every 4-6 hours...... and I did take 2 and woke up what I thought was 4 hours later and I was in terrible pain.. I took 2 more...... they aren't sure how many I took but my neighbor found me outside walking around crying saying how my sister and mom abandoned me and how no one cared that I was dying..... LOL
LOL

aha. I envy your neighbor

She just laughed and took me home...... she said I'd feel better if I slept..... she took my medicine and hid it LOL!

Almost 3 weeks without working. Sick all the time, losing some vision. So my follow up appointment is tomorrow morning. My boss isn't letting me come back to work without written permission from my doctor.

-JAK

I shall. And thanks for the direction at Washington. I was SOOOOO lost and confused. And then I saw your blonde hair and I said '' has to be Pam''.

I woke up an hour late, got there an hour late, couln't recognize ANYBODY, not even the judges, and I couldn't read their papers saying their names and breeds. And then the lady told me I had to put my comments cards in the basket...so I went over tot he baskets and I had to have my face 3 inches from every one and it probably looked like IW as giving them all a whiff.

I scannedt hem all twice and ralized ok Dutch is definitely missing. so I had tog o bother the sec again and ask where the basket was. She told em it was probably at the table and to go there. I asked which table. I get an ''I dont know''. Great.

So thats when I started wandering around aimlessly.

then i had to come back and sign my check and my face was so close to the check I nearly poked myself in the eye with my pen. What a day. t'was awful.

-JAK

Latest posts

Back