You should have seen the other guy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
After 4 hours at the ER on Friday doctors will tell me I have fractured my eye socket. And I need to schedule surgery for it asap. So i'm calling a dude tomorrow to make him fix my face.

But anyways, check out the pretty colors.
owmyfrickingface.jpg

I was riding my horse and she tossed her head and beaned me right in the face. I saw pretty blue stars and went blind for about 10 seconds, losing my balance. But I grabbed a big handful of mane and lowered myself into a graceful fall to the ground. Then immediately crawled free of her feet. I could already feel my face swelling so I grabbed my contact lens and chucked it somewhere. Milo then realized she was free and took a victory lap around the fields, where my mother was riding her own horse. I figured she'd see Milo bookin' it and would figure I was lying on the ground somewhere. She was there in about 40 seconds, and I sat up and waved to let her know i wasn't dying. She said she'd take care of my horse and I shoudl go get ice on myself.

I took her advice and went inside and pressed an ice pack to my eye, which was already swollen shut. about 2 minutes had passed since my close up of Milo's neck, and alreayd I was black and purple and couldn't see. And when I pressed the ice to my eye, I felt air bubbles ooze past my eye into my noise. This didn't feel normal so I grabbed my wallet and asked mum to take me to the ER. She said she'd be down in a minute. Well with my mother, a minute means an hour so I'm sitting in her van waiting and waiting and I have no idea where she is. Apparently it wasn't a priority. I had called Erron as soon as I got int he van and about 4 minutes later he comes flying into the driveway and he ends up taking me himself.

Then I got xrays and peed in a cup.

Then we went to denny's and I ate 2 steaks, 3 cups of coffee and some fries and everyone stared at me and probably thought my husband beat me.

The End.

OUCH!!! Reminds me of the time I fell on my face ice skating. I know that everyone thought my husband beat me. Nice painkillers though. I hope it heals well! :hug2:

Youch, how much did that hurt? Does it still hurt a lot? Yeah, I can see why people would think Erron beat you up! Did anyone at the ER give you strange looks? Little Man sends you kisses:

Skyresized131.jpg

Oh no! That sounds horribly painful! Poor you! I guess it could have been worse, you're very skilled not to have just fallen off! Hope you feel better soon!

HOLY COW! Were you riding English? or Western? I hate when they throw their heads around like that!

My bro inlaw got his eye socket crushed by a bull headbutting him - be sure they do a good job. He had to have more surgery last year. It happened like 10 years ago.

YOWZERS!!!!:shock: Now I know why I never did get the horse I'd always asked for at Christmas time: "You'll put your eye out with that, kid." ;)

Cripes, that must be painful. I'm glad to hear you got to the ER so quickly and had it assessed (and very glad that your sight wasn't affected!). Here's to a speedy recovery for you Jesse! :pray:

Well I just got back from a Dr in Pittsburgh...
she said I blew out the bottom of my eye socket, which the skeletal structure is designed to do in such an event to release pressure and drain fluids and junk into my mouth/nose (yum!)... which would explain all the bubbles i was feeling sliding around in my sinuses.

I also have a bunch of cracks along the ridge of my eye socket.

She wants me to go in for surgery on Wednesday to put a patch over the hole under my eye, since once the swelling goes down, since the crack is huge, there's a good chance my eye will sink into it. And they're going to stick a titanium plate over the tiny cracks while they're at it, sew my eye shut, and keep me overnight.

Bring it on.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I ride western but I was riding bareback at the time.

heh, I was standing in the trailer the other day and got hurt ..... heck I don't even have to ride LOL! My foot and back are pretty colors..... blue, green, black and red!

I'm glad nothing got broken on me...... I'm sorry you're eye is so bad.... it looks like someone just took a swing at you LOL! Don't you love that?

OUCH! I used to have a head thrower too... it's so frustrating! Well, atleast you didn't get your nose, right? I hope you were close to home so you didn't have to walk too far, nothing is worse than being thrown AND having to walk home.

Lol, just think how her head felt!!

Well, I'll be at Washington too- good luck!

Latest posts

Back