You know you're obsessed with rabbits when...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
OK, you know those funny lists of "You know you're obsessed with _____ when...?" I can't find one for rabbit lovers! I think we should make our own :biggrin:

You know you're obsessed with rabbits when...

-...you shop in the baby toys aisle even though you don't have a (human!) baby.
-...you carry a list of rabbit-safe veggies in your purse to the grocery store.
-...the majority of veggies in your grocery cart aren't for you.
-...their cage/pen/enclosure gets bigger and bigger and bigger until it sort of takes over a huge part of your house.
-...your friends ask why you have cord protectors on all your cords and have gates up blocking various things like baseboards, etc.

OK, I'm sure you guys can think of more!! Add to the list!

When you spend all your weekends going to rabbit shows while your other friends have a uhhh LIFE
LOL

When you spend more on vet bills than medical bills.

When you go shopping at the pet store to cheer up rather than buying clothes.

When you nap in your bunny's enclosure rather than your bed so they can have company.

When you see Dolly Pardon and think to yourself, look at her dewlap!

When your co-workers can't stand to hear one more too cute bunny story.

When you planned month's in advance to take a two week vacation to get your rabbit spayed.

I know im obsessed because......

I find myself passing by free growing "weed areas" in our neighborhood staring intently for a treat. Before Agnes it was just a bunch of weeds, now it's a gold mine!

Scoff at my husband for throwing away toilet paper rolls, pop boxes and phone books. Hello-o..those aren't garbage! :)

You won't let anyone mow a large section of your lawn, because it has a wonderful supply of clover and dandelions. Everyone else's lawns in the neighbourhood are neat and tiny and yours looks like an empty lot. All of your furniture has large pieces of non chewable plastic protectors wrapped around the bases so that your baby cannot chew the furniture, not because it looks bad but he might get sick. All your leather furniture has non slip bath mats on the seats to protect them from bunny claws and allow "precious" to run across them. You have a night light in your bedroom so that you can see your bunny at night and not step on him while going to the bathroom (even though you prefer to sleep in the dark, on some occasions you sleep with the weather channel on mute because the bunny was
feeling restless or sick.)

YOU KNOW YOU'RE OBSESSED WITH RABBITS...

..when you shop in a pet shop because it's funner than shopping for yourself..

..When you mum tells you to 'shut up about those rabbits'..

..When in every shop, you say, 'awh the bunnies would love
that' and then end up buying it...

..When people stare at you because of the amount of veg you have in your trolley..

..When there is more space in the fridge for the bunnies food, than mine..

..When you walk past wicker baskets and see them as bunny toys not baskets..

..When your friends start calling you 'one of them people' aha..

..When you need to get somewhere but are usually late because you bunny sits there looking at you, telling you not to go, so they need a proper goodbye..

..When people ask what you want for your birthday, and you say 'some rabbit toys and food' because your birthday will be so much happier when your bunnies are happy..

Aha, there's loads more i could say but my post was getting way to long! aha :D

agnesthelion wrote:
.....you can pick up rabbit poop with your bare hand like it's nothing...
Gotta edit that a tad bit. See how lucky you are?
.....you can pick up rabbit poop out of your bed with your bare hand like it's nothing...and just be thankful that your newly rescued bunny didn't pee in your face again.

Sweetie wrote:
When all you can talk about is your rabbits to everyone you see and meet
Doesn't everyone? You say it as if it's a bad thing!

On the other hand, I am getting more strange looks lately.

When people say that you let the bunnies rule you LOL

When you rush home and get all excited to see your bunnies precious faces..

Latest posts

Back