Yikes! Sudden incontinence!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superchar42

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that Brigitte's feet started looking like they were getting sore again, so I gave her the epsom salt foot bath like I did before, and put on some Golden Yellow that the vet gave me for it.
During this, when I had her on her back, she decided it was time to "let loose" and sent a lovely yellow stream arcing over my arm. It was wonderful. ...sarcasm, sorry...

Today, I got home from work and she had apparently dribbled urine all over the cage.
So...
1. could this be a new incontinence thing and I will need to put diapers on her
2. could she just be upset with me for some reason?
3. could it be dietary (I just changed her pellets the other day - ran out of her favorite and was giving her the others...
4. a symptom of other things?

It would be hard for me to tell if she had E. cuninculi because she always tilts her head when she looks at things because she is blind in one eye...

Monday I will be on the phone with my vet, but frankly, right now, I'm short on cash (I JUST paid all of my bills... )

Thank you for any help!

Why is she blind in one eye?

The incontinence can be anything from a urinary tract infection to bladder or kidney stones, to a genetic defect to kidney issues and so forth.

Urinary Problems

How old is she? Is she spayed? Is she drinking more than usual? And has she been straining at all? (Obviously not on your arm!)

Has she had her urine tested? That would go a long way.

sas :goodluck

Latest posts

Back