Yesterday was just an awful day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
Im so glad the weekend is here. It's jus been an awful week. First, I get kicked out of the mall, which wasn't my fault. then yesterday my dog had to go to the vet because she had scratched her ear so much the night before it was bleeding. Had to spend 200 dollars on her. She has yeast in her ear, so antibiotic ear drops and prednisone for her. Then, come to find out, she has fleas. ALOT OF THEM!!! i treat her monthly with Frontline but the vet said they have been having alot of complaints on the frontline, so i had to switch her to Trifexis. And i had to buy some fleabusters powder crap for the house to get the fleas out of here. And the cats have fleas now, so i had to treat them too. Thankfully I havent seen any on Gracie, so I'm not going to treat her until I have to. Then last night, our tv broke, so we had to go buy another one!!!! I CANT CATCH A BREAK!!!!

I'm sorry, that really sucks. This time of year can be so stressful, then add all of that kind of thing on top. Give Gracie extra hugs and it will help make you feel better. *hugs and nose bonks*

when it rains it pours. Sorry to hear it sounded like it all piled up on you. If you want some natural help too? For the dog - we give ours garlic pills. She eats it down with her food every day. Something about the garlic getting into their skin and fleas not liking it. Borax is good for sprinkling on the carpet to eat through fleas and their eggs too, you just leave it down for a day or two and then vacuum. Definitely wouldn't do it in a bunny room though. Unfortunately I have yet to discover a natural solution that fixes TVs though. How your week perks up now that all the bad news is out of the way. :pet:

One of the reasons people hate Christmas. It is a very stressful and expensive time a year and then add life natural disasters and things really heat up. Have you tried the pawn shops or new and used for a TV. People are really into the LED flat screened TV's and there are a lot of older heavier but good TV's that people just want to get rid of. Craigs List??

Thanks everyone!
Yep we got the tv last night. Got a pretty good deal on it and the 18 month no interest on the credit card. Then came home and got it mounted and put up our christmas tree. Definitely put me in a better mood. I set up my little christmas village (my favorite part of my decorations) and all was well lol. But man am I tired today. After doing the treatment on all the animals and treating the house, then going to find a tv, and putting up christmas decorations, I slept hard. Tonight we are going to a christmas parade so I'm trying to stay off my feet so I can be somewhat comfortable tonight

when it rains it pours. Sorry to hear it sounded like it all piled up on you. If you want some natural help too? For the dog - we give ours garlic pills. She eats it down with her food every day. Something about the garlic getting into their skin and fleas not liking it. Borax is good for sprinkling on the carpet to eat through fleas and their eggs too, you just leave it down for a day or two and then vacuum. Definitely wouldn't do it in a bunny room though. Unfortunately I have yet to discover a natural solution that fixes TVs though. How your week perks up now that all the bad news is out of the way. :pet:

Garlic is considered toxic to cats and dogs. I wouldn't recommend intentionally feeding a dog garlic and especially not in any concentrated form.

Omg that sucks :( well they say things happen in threes so maybe the mall, the vet and the tv is all you'll have to put up with.
Hope things get better!!!

ugh, I hate weeks like that where *everything* seems to go wrong at once! I'm so glad things have gotten a bit better. I hope you're enjoying your new TV... I'm thinking about replacing my living room TV as a christmas prezzie to myself. I have two TVs; my mom bought them like 17 years ago 'cause it was buy one get one half off or something. I've been telling myself "I'll get a new one when one of these stops working" but the things seem to have eternal life, lol... and the shininess of new TVs is finally starting to pique my interest a bit.

Sorry for the bad night.

I am also in the need of a TV. I have one of those heavier boxy TV I bought 10 years ago and it's dying on me. It likes to randomly turn off. Kind of makes me wonder if Harvey might have gotten part of the cord. I don't really like it anyway.

thats what was happening to mine!! We had an old box tv too. It would either completely turn off and not turn back on for hours, or the screen would go black or the sound would go out and we would have to hit the tv for it work again

Ours did the same thing! Or it the color would be gone and everything would be in black and white. lol. It was nuts.

I hope everything is getting better! I hope Bailey's ears are better and her fleas are gone. I'm going to have to treat my cats again today because one of them has been scratching like crazy lately. Stupid southern winters where its never really cold enough to kill anything off. My husband got bit by a mosquito on Saturday. A mosquito in December! lol. Its nuts.

Yeah the color is a little wonky on mine too. Ooooh hmm so maybe Harvey didn't get to it then. It's really annoying when you're at a really good part on a dvd and it just turns off. It normally comes back on once I turn it off and then turn it back on.

haha Larry, the first time my husband went hiking my SUV broke down on the side of the interstate. The belt and water pump went....the second time he went a tornado came through and I was out of power all night and all the next day....ive told him he isnt allowed to go hiking anymore hahaha

Latest posts

Back