Yellowish greenish boogers and diharea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorxMatrix

Reaction score
Hello my bunny is around 8 months old and he has greenish yellowish crusties around his nose on top of that his poops have been runny and diharea ish... Please help me I love him to death and I don't know what I would do with out him.. On top of that my family is very low on money right now so we can't afford a doctors visit.. Please help. I gave him some old cilantro and that might be the cause I feel terrible but I didn't know it was old..

Sorry, but he really does need a vet to prescribe the proper medicines. The green nasal discharge is a sure sign of infection that won't just go away on its own. The longer treatment is delayed, the less chance of recovery.

Runny poo is just further complicating matters. The cilantro might account for the poo change, but likely has nothing to do with the infection.

You have to see a vet. I doubt it's the cilantro - or was it the first time he had some? If it wasn't introduced correctly, it might have given diarrhea but it wouldn't have lasted for long. Blue eyes is right about the infection. A lot of pathologies can be cured if you treat them early, but a rabbit's condition can deteriorate very quickly. You can explain your situation and see if the vet can accept a delayed payement. But a simple vet visit is the least expensive medical care you'll have to face as a bunny owner. You can never know how life is going to turn out, but your bunny is only 8 months old so you couldn't have had him for long - an animal, no matter what it is, is potentially expensive : don't take one in if you can't take care of it, not bringing a sick animal to a vet is neglect!

I agree that he needs to see a vet, antibiotics for the infection, hopefully before it becomes a full case of a respiratory infection which can be very dangerous for bunnies. The mushy poop could be a symptom of the infection or a result of the cilantro if it was turning bad or if given too much and he's not used to it.

Latest posts

Back