Yellow feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
I'm sure there is already a thread about this somewhere but does anyone know how to get the urine stains off the feet? Alice and Oreo have really bad urine stains on their feet. Alice likes to kick all the litter out of the box and then pee in it and then they both walk in it. It's gross.

Some people use a mild vinegar solution, or rabbit wipes can be quite good.

But something stain, so even if they are clean, they might still be a bit stained.

No-rinse shampoos for pets also work well.

Dishwashing soaps can be used - wet the feet, scrub with soap and rinse well. I found dishwashing liquid worked very well on urine stains on horses.

Pam

Oh, and if you can, take a pic of yourself before and after because it will probably be rather different if you wash the bun because they are often not overly keen on their back feet being touched. :D

I've actually wiped their feet with a wet dishcloth before but it didn't do any good. I cradledOreo like a baby andhe didn't move while I touched his feet. I needed some help from my husband with Alice though. I'll have to add some soap next time. Their feet are pretty gross. Thanks for the help.

Bi carb soda mixed into a paste and rubbed onto their feet works well. Although they have to let you touch their feet first :)lol last time i tried cleaning stained feet in prep for a show i ended up with gashes up both arms.

Latest posts

Back