Yeast in Ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
I noticed tonight that one of my 6week old babies has in one ear..I am presuming yeast. its red..sore and had pus from it. I cleaned it well with baby wipes. None if his other 7 littermates have it.

Curious. Can I treat it with a topical ointment that we use on people for yeast?
My vet will not be in until end of next week...and I would like something to put on it for now.

THanks

OH they are english lops I raise...and this is a new thing for me in the 2yrs I have been raising them.

Well ya I would but my only vet for my rabbits wont be in like I said till end of next week. So im at a loss till then. Im looking for anything till I can get somthing from the vet

It's best not to put things in rabbits' ears because liquid can get trapped in there and make infections worse. I am not sure what you're talking about--is there a possibility it could be mites? I'd treat with Advantage to make sure it's not mites, and an oral drug if that doesn't do it. Topical is not the best where ears are concerned.

Im not gonna put anything in the ears. I want to put it on the ear. They are english lops so they have lots of space and where its red is on the ear. I founf an ointment. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back