yay! i got my cleavage pierced!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
i just had to share! i got my cleavage pierced months ago and sadly my body rejected it (about 80% of all surface piercings reject), but i went in 2 days ago and got it redone and it is sooo cool!

100_2886.jpg

i will have to get a few better pics, as this only isn't so great, but it shows it! the redness is almost completely gone, but i am bruised rather well around it (which totally doesn't surprize me, as i bruise so easily)

once this is completely healed my next one is going to be a diamond shape on the back of my neck!!!!

Hopefully this doesn't come out sounding wrong. i gets ears, and belly buttons, and I can understand how people do things that are "stuck out" like eye brows, lips, and other body parts I wont mention, nothing i want but I understand haw it's "peirce-able" to some people..

but I don't for the life of me understand the things that are "in the body" like the high up on the cheek and yours and the back and neck. I only just started hearing about this maybe 2 months ago, and I don't understand where it came from or what's appealing about it. please don't take that the wrong way it is your body and I feel it is your right to do what you want to your own body

But is there anything you can tell me about it that might help me understand it?

GREAT piercing! It looks awesome on you :biggrin2:!
I considered it once, but I have my snake bites and I think I am definitely done with piercings :p.
Now, tattoos...I have yet to get!

Gabby wrote:
But is there anything you can tell me about it that might help me understand it?
Piercings are art, just like tattoos are art. People think it's the "norm" to pierce your ears, so why not other parts of your body :)?

Tribes people have been peircing AND gauging their ears for centuries, but yet...some people still think it is totally odd to see someone with HUGE holes in their ears.

Now-a-days....piercings all over the body is completely normal and very much artistic.

undergunfire wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Piercings are art, just like tattoos are art. People think it's the "norm" to pierce your ears, so why not other parts of your body :)?

Tribes people have been peircing AND gauging their ears for centuries, but yet...some people still think it is totally odd to see someone with HUGE holes in their ears.

Now-a-days....piercings all over the body is completely normal and very much artistic.
yeah I know about stretched ears and the like. what i'm really talking about is the i guess surface, stuff..and i'm looking for a different answer than it's art. because i don't think of my ears peirced as art..

undergunfire wrote:
Gabby wrote:
yeah I know about stretched ears and the like. what i'm really talking about is the i guess surface, stuff..and i'm looking for a different answer than it's art. because i don't think of my ears peirced as art..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_piercing

:)

ok let me word it this way i get the techincal aspect of it, blah blah blah..

people have been peircing things for years. but let me try wording it this way i'm more asking exactly about channels put into the skin like the chest and back. i want something that related directly to that type of peircing andnot just peircings in general. Does that make sence?

That is a wicked piercing but you copied me! I had mine a bit lower down, and right in between my clevage so with a tight top it would get hidden, if you know what i mean? And to explain piercings, i feel like it is having jewellery but better :Dand it marks you as being unique.

my first one was lower, but i wanted this one so i could see it with just about any tank i wore.

okay. . . gabby, i am going to send you a pm with some different information in it, that i don't think is appropiate to post on this board (or to talk about in polite company). . . but here is a generalized answer to your question for me at least:

i don't wear earrings, i have my ears pierced once, and will put them in once in a while, but i don't wear them at all. i honestly enjoy body modification. it is hard to describe unless you do it also and enjoy the rush. i truely wanted to get the back of my neck done, as that was the first real surface piercing that i saw, but a girl i work with had it done and i wanted something a little more original. i wasn't ready for another tattoo, which was what i first thought about doing, and i wanted something that i could remove in the future.

when i was looking around online i saw a photo of a girl with her cleavage pierced, and i feel instantly in love. i think that with it done i look better, or different, better isn't a good word to use as i enjoy the way i look without it.

so for me it had 2 reasons:

1) i am a body mod'er and wanted something new, and just happened to fall in love with this piercing

2) i wanted something original, something i hadn't seen before

as far as care, it really isn't all the bad, i don't worry about snagging it to much, at night time i wear a big tshirt that has a high collar that way it is all lose, but i don't worry about getting rough at night while sleeping and snag it on something. the only other time i have had a problem was when i were my jacket zipped up all the way it tends to be slightly uncomfortable

I don't know about that. I have seen people with peircings in their cheecks like dimples, not me.

Nose rings don't bother me as well as toungue ring. Maybe lip or eye brow, navel is fine too.

I have 2 on my left ear, 5 on my right and a navel ring. I want one on my toungue but I don't think hub will let me. lol

Nice piercing btw.

I do it because it feels good. I'll tell people what I have pierced and tattooed, but if I didn't most people would never know because I don't show it off or share it. All my tattoos are and will be strategically placed where I could hide it with regular clothing (t-shirt+jeans). I would love my eyebrow pierced but that's something I can't hide. I'm not ashamed of my body modifications, but I'm not getting them for others to see, I'm getting them for myself.

As of now my tattoos are of my grandmother's last name and my legal Japanese name because that side of the family is gone once my grandmother dies and my cousin gets married. Everyone has girls so the family name will die out. The tattoo will carry on the name for a little longer, even though it's not in the legal aspect. My second tattoo is of my heart kitty, Dahmer. People might think it's weird to get him tattooed on me but he is my heart and soul. If I had to pick between anything and Dahmer, it will be Dahmer. You might call it obsession but he is my heart and pure soul. My other tattoos will also have dear meaning to me that only I or someone who really knows me will understand. I will never regret a tattoo I get because they have so much thought and meaning behind it.

I have kinda avoided, and enjoyed this thread.

Mostly because I am on my self imposed sabbatical, so I guess this means I'M BACK!

I saw where Amy posted this statement..

" Now-a-days....piercings all over the body is completely normal and very much artistic."

I had to literally laugh out loud at that, and repeat it to my husband, who in turn, laughed out loud as well. I have body mods, almost all where you cannot see them. True enough when I was around 24 I had my Lebret, tongue, nose and eyebrow pierced. It had nothing to do with being artistic. It had to do with drawing attention to one thing, and taking attention off other things..but that was just in my case. Some people do it just to stand out, to be individuals.. express their individuality. That should be encouraged. Some people do it just to get the wildchild-ness out of their system. People do it for different reasons. Don't lump sum it as *artistic*.

I can recreate a Tudor era costume right down to boning my own corset, making my own farthingale,and beading my ruff. The rabbit illustration in the Bunny Art section that I posted.. I did it. I also make chain maille, weld armor. I am capable of making elaborate Mardi Gras costumes as well as Venetian Carnivale costumes. But, for all of my talents, my husband makes me look like a light weight. He can carve wood to look like folded fabric, he can wood burn intricate Celtic patterns, he can photograph and find beauty in even the most ordinary of things, he can cross stitch so neatly and precisely that the front is as pretty as the back...for all of my drawing and illustrating talents, his far surpass mine. The point of all this, we are both uber artistic, and neither of us have piercings in our face... so sticking the piercings label with the artistic label doesnt really go together.

I think the word your really looking for is uniqueness... not artistic..

And Katt.... looks good on ya baby... lemmie live vicariously though you...
But I must say.. my eyes are drawn to your striking eyes, strong jaw, high cheekbones and pretty lips first...

GoinBackToCali wrote:
I have kinda avoided, and enjoyed this thread.

Mostly because I am on my self imposed sabbatical, so I guess this means I'M BACK!

I saw where Amy posted this statement..

" Now-a-days....piercings all over the body is completely normal and very much artistic."

I had to literally laugh out loud at that, and repeat it to my husband, who in turn, laughed out loud as well. I have body mods, almost all where you cannot see them. True enough when I was around 24 I had my Lebret, tongue, nose and eyebrow pierced. It had nothing to do with being artistic. It had to do with drawing attention to one thing, and taking attention off other things..but that was just in my case. Some people do it just to stand out, to be individuals.. express their individuality. That should be encouraged. Some people do it just to get the wildchild-ness out of their system. People do it for different reasons. Don't lump sum it as *artistic*.

I can recreate a Tudor era costume right down to boning my own corset, making my own farthingale,and beading my ruff. The rabbit illustration in the Bunny Art section that I posted.. I did it. I also make chain maille, weld armor. I am capable of making elaborate Mardi Gras costumes as well as Venetian Carnivale costumes. But, for all of my talents, my husband makes me look like a light weight. He can carve wood to look like folded fabric, he can wood burn intricate Celtic patterns, he can photograph and find beauty in even the most ordinary of things, he can cross stitch so neatly and precisely that the front is as pretty as the back...for all of my drawing and illustrating talents, his far surpass mine. The point of all this, we are both uber artistic, and neither of us have piercings in our face... so sticking the piercings label with the artistic label doesnt really go together.

I think the word your really looking for is uniqueness... not artistic..

And Katt.... looks good on ya baby... lemmie live vicariously though you...
But I must say.. my eyes are drawn to your striking eyes, strong jaw, high cheekbones and pretty lips first...

I think that is a good summing..

do you guys have pictures online of your art work, drawing , carving, and welding, any or all of it, sounds very cool indeed. would love to see wood in person that looks like folded faberic;)and would love to see costumes you have made :)

Let me compile some samplings.. alot is on my MySpace and Flickr albums, but they get kept private, some have been blog posted here, and some I have shared with Okiron and Rosie..

I can do a few more blog postings here..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Let me compile some samplings.. alot is on my MySpace and Flickr albums, but they get kept private, some have been blog posted here, and some I have shared with Okiron and Rosie..

I can do a few more blog postings here..
I sure have! And I'm making a shizzle full of money selling it sweat shops :p

Seriously though, I love Zin's costumes and designs. She's fantastic.

cool just tell me where to look ;)I'm creative myself,but i tell you i very much admire things that i can't do or am not good at. as to your hubby's cross stitch, omg, can he still see being so good at it must be straining on the eyes. I haven't even seen it and i'm praising him lol that's because i can't do it lol.

I draw, wood burn, paint.. and do photography. I can sew, but i don't put it to much use, made myself a jacket for new years one year( black and sparklie) and mostly curtains, and few hawwloween costumes.. I turned an old worrn out leather coat one year in to a Xena costume LOL it was 1995 so it was def a hot costume at the time LOL

Latest posts

Back