Yarn Wrapped Around Bunny's Tooth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meg33

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I posted about a week ago about my bunny, Gracie not eating ... she made a complete recovery and is now perfect, except she has a piece of yarn wrapped around her tooth!!! My sister and I were playing with her, and we noticed that she had a thin piece of yarn sticking out of her mouth. I immediately checked it, and it's wrapped around her front tooth ... my question is, will she get this off on her own??? Since then, she is constantly moving her mouth. I'm just afraid it's going to get sore if I don't try to get it off, but she won't let me put my fingers in her mouth.

She's still acting normal ... HELP!

Any and all help is welcome!

Megan

If she gets it off on her own, i would worry about her ingesting it... not knowing how big it is or how big she is, it may cause intestinal issues if ingested.

Are you or your sister able to hold her in your lap?
position her looking outwards, sitting in your lap, keep a firm grip on her with 1 hand and using your thumb and middle finger of your other lift her lips up to examine her teeth. If she is squrming too much you may need to Bunny Burito her with a towel. The person not holding her can use a pair of tweezers to gently try and pull the string off her tooth, like a ring.

Thanks everyone!!

I think I should clarify that this is more like string than yarn.

We tried to just let her get it off by herself, but that hasn't happened yet.

A few minutes ago, I tried to get the string off with my fingers, which I did, but now it is stuck between her front teeth. Can I still try the tweezers thing? I'm thinking of just letting her work on it herself until morning and then reevaluate the situation. What do you think?

Thanks!
Megan

Please dont let her get it off on her own, we do NOT want her to swallow it by accident, string, yarn, thread, whatever none of it is good for animal insides.

Try the tweezers and try and get it out of there, pull in the direction the teeth are pointing, not like floss, like youre removing a ring.

Thanks everyone! I got it out last night, after I posted about not being able to get it out from between her teeth!

Thanks for the help!
Megan

Latest posts

Back