X-ray showed lower respiratory infection, minor bladder sludge and inflammed bowels?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinupchick

Reaction score
Ula was supposed to have her molars trimmed today but a preliminary x-ray (done as a precaution because she's older and has had a respiratory infection before) showed cloudy lungs, or as the vet put it, a "lower" respiratory infection likely caused by pasteurella. It also showed a little bit of bladder sludge, which the vet said was likely because she's on alfalfa pellets (she won't eat timothy ones anymore). But what concerns me is that the vet said it looks like her intestines are larger than normal. Ula's been eating somewhat normally (for a bun with sharp molars) and pooping and peeing normally. What would cause large intestines? Could that just be an anatomical variant, or...?

I would ask the vet what he suspects by the large intestines. He may mean that there is fecal matter in them or he may mean that there is thickening of the intestinal wall or something else. :?

if your bun has molar spurs and is not eating and pooping 100 % normally it could be the result of the spurs.

Best to ask questions

Does the vet plan toplace your bun on antibiotics so his teeth can be done?

I would guess that they could be larger due to gas, but other than that I don't really have an idea.

Latest posts

Back