X-Pen Only!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
okay, seems how we have a NIC cages only, and a thread for outdoor hutches. . .i want to see everyones x-pens! that way, i hope to get some new ideas for making my x-pen even cooler for the buns!

here is the evolution of my pens!

100<WBR>_0676.jpg

there cage today, top one is close to what it looks like right now, the bottom one is showinging it without all the added fun stuff. . . the cover is just NIC pannels i have laying around (herman can jump the x-pen, so it has to have a cover on it)

100<WBR>_0565.jpg

cage<WBR>_2.jpg

^winnie cage right before hermand and winnie were bonded, you can see i put a cheap petsmart cage that i had laying around as a level to her cage. it was nice because when i went to do spot cleanings of her cage, but didn&#39;t want to let her out, i would just close her in the petsmart cage and do what i had to do!

pen<WBR>_setup_1.jpg

and finally thesed are winnies original x-pen setup, when i didn&#39;t even have herman. . .

pen<WBR>_cage_2.jpg

For Floppys play pen area, I just connected several NIC panels together with those plastic zip ties instead of the connectors that come with them, so it can be easily folded away and I set it up as a big circle in the living room or out in the grass. Its 2 grids high, with no top. He is always supervised outside and has never tried to jump out. I&#39;ll take a pic sometime and post it.

These are what I used to connect them.

img]

I will take better pictures later. They are all having issues! With two new buns in less than a week they are all marking and being piggys big time.

i keep on feeling like i bought the wrong cage. :(

it was like $130, and it's way up high and i can't take out the legs; bunnies cant go out and or come in...

CookieNCream wrote:
i keep on feeling like i bought the wrong cage. :(

it was like $130, and it's way up high and i can't take out the legs; bunnies cant go out and or come in...
i have bought some many different cage options, i first started withcages, then with dog kennels, then the x-pen, then i bought 5 boxes ofNIC cubes, and ended up back with the x-pen, and now i am looking at atotally new kind of cage/hutch thing!

I have a question for all of you about cages.

Daisy and Peaches both have cages, but are in only during the day whenI'm at work and at night (they both have a thing for pouncing on yourface to wake you up around 3am)

Daisy had a 2' tall X-pen but she cleared it on her first attempt to jump out.
I was going to buy her one thats 3' high.

Before I do though, I wanted to know where all of you get those NIC panels!
I've seen a lot of photosof people using them to build theirbunny's cage and I'd really like to build her a larger cage with a top,becasue I have a feelnig she'll jump out of anything unless its about5' high.

Can I egt them in a store or online?

Have a great day!

you can get them online, but shipping is a lot as they weigh a bit in the box.

i got all mine at target in the organization section of the store (ihad to ask for the "wire pannel storage things" and they knew rightaway what i was talking about), they also have them at walmart, but youget like 1/2 the amount for what you pay at target. . .

i have been told they are at bed bath and beyond too, but ours up here doesn't seem to have them.

check with target, at look at them often, they tend to put them on sale every few weeks/few months. . .

Iput this in the NIC cages thread, butit's an x-pen, too, so I'll stick it here as well. I saw thisin an Orlando paper. Great for multiple rabbits!

(And I'm stealing it without permission :hiding:but thecredit for the set up goes to Steffanie Schrader of Orlando Rabbit Careand Adoption).

floridanewsnic.jpg

Latest posts

Back