Wry neck in very young bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's usually only found over-the-counter in a human pharmacy. The vet might have given it to bunnies before, but more than likely they'll send you to the human pharmacy to find it.

I run a rescue and we get in many headtilt bunnies. The meds that we start them on immidiatly are Pen G injectable, Panacur, meticam and possibly tmz also if the pen G alone is not working. You will see that it will take him a while to get better. sometimes 2 weeks to a month to see really good improvement. I would not give up on him yet, would talk to your vet first about these other meds.

What is tmz??
He is on Pen-G already. I have to see about getting some Panacur, the bottle I have I discovered is expired so I need to get more. Have you seen Baytril do any good for these cases before?

tmz can also sometimes be called smz not sure what the medical word it. Baytril can work sometimes if you are also giving Pen- G
I would also make sure the bunny is getting metacam also

TMZ is trimethoprim sulfa. It's one of the older drugs, I don't recommend it for bunnies. It can also cause GI upset.

I also have a young bunny that has a head tilt. Mine in on Baytril and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. We are crushing up his pills and mixing them with strawberry jam and spreading the medicine on romaine lettuce leafs. This has been the easiest way to give him his medication and it doesn't cause additional stress. Good luck with your bunny.

Latest posts

Back