Wrong Pellets... What to do ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Reaction score
Ok sooo.... My dad accidently bought the wrong pellets for my bun and fed it to him 😩, I think it was one from the Kaytee brand with small red chunks in it, but right now I'm really worried about my fur baby, but I really don't know what to do, any suggestions ?

Just don't feed them. If she's getting plenty of hay, she's fine without pellets for a couple days. Better to have no pellets than to upset her gut with something not good.

If they were purchased from petsmart or petco, I think they will accept returns even on opened food bags (as long as most is still there).

Okie !, thank you for your suggestion ! The pellets were from amazon do they still accept opened bags ?

Don't feed them to her, changing their diet is something that should be done slowly overtime. I personally do not recommend Kaytee brand at all. By the sounds of it, you have not started using it - Since it is new, Amazon should accept the return.

Until you figure out what to do with this bag, definitely purchase her normal pellets to keep her diet the same!

I agree with Happy Hollands. If it helps, I recommend the brand Sherwood Pet Health for pellets! I switched my buns over and noticed a lot less bloating :) For now, you can just give your bun plenty of hay and water and watch for any signs of disinterest in food. The wrong pellets can be pooped out.

I have had a couple of vets tell me that as long as rabbits have ample hay and water, pellets aren't necessary as they act as supplements and should be fed sparingly. I'm not sure if this statement is popular, but thought to throw it out there!

Hope this all works out for you and your bun!

Latest posts

Back