Wound on left flank - HEALING NICELY NOW

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates?

I know that with cats and dogs collars are good, but I'm not sure if that's so good with bunnies. It'll keep them from chewing on the wound, but it might get caught on something, and since bunnies necks are really delicate it might strangle her. You might want to take it off.

I don't know much about fungal infections, so I can't really help. But I hope if heals up soon.

Sending good vibes to you and Qingqing,

-TK

Good Vibes:

:sunshine::magicwand::goodluck:big kiss::rainbow::pink iris::rabbithop:heartbeat::nurse::hug2::clover:

Oh I totally missed the whole 2nd page!!!! :headsmack

Your doing a GREAT job so far!! I wish I could be more help!! Qingqing's lucky to have a mommy like you!! :)

Michelle, I had thought of a burn too.I thought it could have been some type of chemical burn or something, but since it spread I highly doubt it. :)

I already gave my opnion on the collar, and though many may be against it, having lived it, it's much more comforting to know that your bun can't hurt themselves more. Wiggles had gnawed her legs so bad... You really don't want that. It might be annoying, but it's for the bun's own good.

I really hope your bunny gets better soon!

MsBinky wrote:
I guess what I would do is keep the color on but remove it when she is eating... She will most likely be preoccupied with eating and won't pay as much attention to the wound. Mine usually groom themselves after eating and eat their cecals not too long after... Maybe you could leave it off for that period of time and then put it back on afterwards.

I think that your right. But like I said in my other post, I'm a littled worried about it getting caught on stuff. I think that as long as there's nothing that the collar can get caught on it should be okay.

Here's a Sunday night update.

She's doing better!

The poor bunny looked so pitiful when she was wearing her collar, that now I just have her wear it for a couple of hours after I apply the medicine (twice a day). She still licks and sometimes bites at her wound, but in general it is healing. I was concerned about keeping the collar on because she looked like she was sad and because she couldn't eat her cecotropes.

I'm not ready to add "resolved" to the title of this thread yet, but the way the wound is healing I should be ready in a couple of days.

Still no idea what happened, though. I don't know of any way she could have been burned, not does it seem likely that she spread bad germs from the lump on her jaw (which she can't reach) to her side.

It just looks like a bad scrape, not a burn. So she probably just scraped it badly on something, it got infected, etc.

I hope she feels better, she's so pretty!

that website is a complete shot in the dark, but i was hoping they might list a few bunny-friendly vets for you.

i have an idea of where she might have gotten it--do you have radiators for heat? i've burned myself on those before, and i'm just glad that my bunny knows to stay away. maybe Quingquing bumped her bum into a radiator?

The getting burned on the bum theory is good but flawed. Yes, I have radiator heat, but the radiators are enclosed so she can't get burned. Also, my university doesn't turn on the heat until November 15, the date approved by the government of China. It doesn't matter how cold it is, the heat doesn't go on until November 15. Luckily, it's not that cold here yet, and I have an electric wall unit (air conditioner/heater) in my bedroom, so I can stay warm in there. That's good, because my computer is in the bedroom. When I watch TV in the living room, I take a blanket. November 15 is a happy day for me! The heat comes on! (I think in the really cold part of China, close to Siberia, the heat goes on earlier.)

An update:

The wound is healing well! Some of it's scabbed over and some has new fur growing in. There's less scab every day, so I assume bunny is chewing off some of the scab, though I'm sure this is normal.

The reason for the sore place is still a mystery. Tonyshuman's idea of getting burnt on the heater is a good guess, except that I haven't used the heater for months.

Thanks for the advice that has been given here! You're all great!

I don't know how to add "Resolved" to the title of my thread. If someone could do that, I would be grateful.

It looks like she went under something and like scraped it off or something.

Anyhow, glad she's doing better - I edited the title for you to report it's healing. When she's all fixed, we'll post that too.

Latest posts

Back