wound on Bangbang HELP!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bangbang

Reaction score
When my mum was patting Bang bang before she found and area just in front of her hind eg where its all scabby and hard( around 5cm in length and width), its only on the skin, no inflammation or swelling underneath. So I being a big worrier am FREAKING OUT, I�ll take her to work tomorrow to have i t looked at but right now I�m worried!!
What could have caused that!!!
She had her vaccine the other day, has also had a bath (I used bunny shampoo), could they have caused it, or something worse?!
She�s eating, drinking normally and was doing binkies before but I�m still scared!!
If the vet at work suggests treatment has anyone experience in what they would suggest?? ARUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate pet shaving anything wrong with them I get so scared!:bigtears:

ive just been thinking about it... before i was certain they injected her around the neck, but now that i think back ...
I had her facing me, so.. it may just be possible that it was done there...
If it is a vaccine reaction, what should be done?

I'm sure im over reacting, its just last time she got sick, her hind legs became paralysed, they checked her for deepness responce and she had none, we had her x rayed, put in anti biotics,anti inflammatory EVERYTHING, they told us she was probably not going to make it, amazingly 3 days later she was hoping around again, wen ever knew what caused it or anything, they couldnt even tell us, now if she even looks at me in the wrong way my heart races and i'm all:pullhair::bawl:

I would call the vet and ask where they gave herthe injection. It might not really be a reaction, but just a bit o fswelling or irritation fro m the shot.

I would maybe put some neosporin on it just in case. I would think if its just a little scab and doesnt seem to be bothering her that it should heal on its own. But ifa vet visit would help put your mind at ease, I would take her in.

Is it possible your piggie could have bitten her or anything like that?

I'll be praying for your little one, hopefully its just a minor cut.

No piggie and bang bang are NEVER together,piggies cage is in bangbangs cage but they are never able to touch each other... Bangbang is a bully you see, poor piggie thinks she's awesome:(
It's not a vaccine reaction, or a reaction to the shampoo. They gave her an injection of baytril and told me to wash it in chlorhex. I also have some neocort cream (anti inflam/antibiotic/local anesthetic cream). It looks like she has cut herself at some point and kept scratching at it making it worse. If it hasn't improved at all or got worse by monday i'll take her back.
I have no idea when or where she did this though, her cage has no sharp edges in it, and there isnt anything in the yard thats sharp :?... I have one other theory but it just seems to ridiculous

One other thing... whenever i take her into work( i work at a vet clinic) people in the waiting room always say three different things...
1) OMG THAT RABBIT IS HUGE
2) Is she pregnant
and
3) He's an interesting colour isnt he

and i'm all
1) she's fluffy :X
2) NO SHE IS STERILIZED
and
3) HE IS A SHEEEEEEEEEEEE A SHEEEE DAMMIT:mad:

Hehe...I know what you mean...

I think most people assume bunnies are my Maisie's size (about 5lbs),all small and frail. I don't think they realize that there are more bunnies that are quite a bit bigger than that!

I know I was absolutely SHOCKED to see pictured of various Giant breeds!! :shock:

Bangbang wrote:
One other thing...whenever i take her into work ( i work at a vet clinic) people in thewaiting room always say three different things...
1) OMG THAT RABBIT IS HUGE
2) Is she pregnant
and
3) He's an interesting colour isnt he

and i'm all
1) she's fluffy :X
2) NO SHE IS STERILIZED
and
3) HE IS A SHEEEEEEEEEEEE A SHEEEE darnit:mad:

Hehe when I had my Chloe people would always say shes so big!! And I ws like she is a holland lop and she is only 4lb!!!I soo know where you are comming form!

As for he scab do you keep her in a wire cage?? if so it might me from sleeping on the wire in which case I would get a grass mat or aplexi glass resting board.

Good luck to you. I hope she is ok:bunnydance:

The scab on her side isn't as large as it was soi presume its getting better, i've been patting it down with antibiotic wash and now she's FURIOUS with me :(
She lives in a bird avairy and i've run my hands all around it and there isnt any sharp edges inside her cage. The only thing i can think that would of caused it is, maybe when she's being doing her crazy runs around the yard she's nicked it on someone and then continued to scratch it making it worse...
I baked her cookies yesterday so i've been bribing her with them... :DI hate it when she snubs me :?

Latest posts

Back