Would you please comment on my craigslist "Easter bunny ad"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nit-picky grammatical corrections for you, because my mother was a linguist and that **** got drilled into me... but first... oh my god! :( I didn't know the full story of Muppet's past - that's utterly heartbreaking! it's making me cry ><

I think your post is a wonderful idea - if Muppet's tragic start in life can touch even ONE person enough to talk them out of getting a live Easter bunny, then you've made a priceless difference... if not to anyone else, certainly to the bunny for whom you prevented a life of misery.

anyway, on to the nit-picky constructive criticism...
A time of ham,eggs hunts,
^ forgot the space after the comma, "eggs" shouldn't have an "s"

But like 95 percent of the bunnies sold at Easter this was not the case.
^ I would add a comma after Easter

Miss Muppet was tortured,starved and neglected
^ you forgot the space after the comma

due to noneducational of rabbit needs
^ this doesn't flow well at all... perhaps change it to "due to lack of knowledge about a rabbit's needs" or something?

You might be wondering any of this matters
^ I feel like this is missing either the word "if" or the word "why" before "any", depending on which you meant

stand up for rabbit mills to
^ "to" should be "too"... and I'm pretty sure you meant "against", not "for" :p

If your touched by Muppets story
^ should be "you're"

rescue,adoption or any
^ forgot the space after the comma

seriously, I hope people read your post and I hope it makes a difference! Easter is such a tragic holiday for its icon :(

who enjoys treats,snuggles,playtime and a good
^ missed this - you forgot spaces after both commas

I posted in the off-topic section of the glider forums I frequent:
a friend of mine from the rabbit forum I use posted a craigslist ad regarding Easter bunnies (the live kind) - preventing the purchase of cute little baby bunnies simply because they look adorable in an Easter basket is the rabbit owner version of our crusade against PPP. it's a big deal to the rabbit community and a BAD holiday for bunnies.

if you know anyone who might be thinking of getting their kid(s) a bunny for Easter, please encourage them to read the story of poor Miss Muppet's tragic start in life - http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pet/3688238547.html

(for those who don't know, which is probably almost all of you, PPP = Perfect Pocket Pets, a horrible and notorious mill breeder of sugar gliders)

I just want to point out that I actually WANT Muppet's story to break peoples hearts. I hope her past makes people feel pain....Cause threw pain will come compassion.

I know you do, lol... just saying, you did a VERY effective job in that regard ;)

First of all, the owners broke her teeth so she wouldn't bite their kid???? Wow. Just when I think I've heard the most absurd thing ever I hear this. Did they admit this?? What is wrong with people!!!!

Anyway, very ad. I've been checking craigslist in my area and haven't seen very many bunny ads thank goodness!

Thanks for doing that. I'm pretty sure my Coco was an Easter Bunny as he's about a year old. He's MY bunny now! I also made a similar Facebook post. Hopefully folks will see it and pay attention.

I think its a good thing that you put that on CL. It might stop some people from getting easter bunnies.
It also inspired me to write an ad like that of my own, on my local CL. Its illegal here to dye rabbits, chicks and ducklings. I don't know if that stops people, but I've never personally seen a dyed rabbit.
I also didn't see many easter bunny ads, just like 1. But those rabbits in the ad were 7 weeks old, NOT that its okay but at least they weren't 4 weeks.

I also saw that someone has put up on CL in my area to warn against people buying sugar gliders because of them being super high maintenance. Which I also thought was great, since the gliders are so little known in this area. People just think its little and adorable and wind up ruining these little animals because they can't google "how to take care of a sugar glider" but they can google "what did lindsey lohan wear today?" Its ridiculous.

So hopefully this year, maybe there will be a few less easter bunnies! We all can only hope.

stealing your story for my facebook and craigslist for houston. That really pisses me off that sweet little muppet had to go through that. And why the hell would you think it was a good idea to take toenail clippers to an animals teeth?! WHY? Your a better person than me Katie because I would have beat the ever living sheet out of someone.

I think I'm going to be obnoxious make flyers and post them everywhere too

That is a wonderful ad! I was nearly crying by the time I finished reading it! I hope it opens some people's eyes!!!! Even if it just saves one rabbit, that's one life that you made a difference in! I think I may put a link to that ad up on my FB page to spread it around a bit more, especially since I've seen a few ads for rabbits in my area and I don't want to see them going to bad homes.

I had posted a similar ad in my area of Craigslist. Some people have no sense. They think oh it's just a rabbit. They're just as important as a cat or a dog.

That story was heartbreaking. Thank you so much for posting it.

Oh, and you forgot to add a space after the comma after Ham: A time of ham,egg hunts, colorful baskets

Also, you forgot to change "for" to "against": stand up for rabbit mills

"pet store insists that all there baby..." (should be their)

"family was done with there Easter basket..." (should be their)

Great idea to share your story. I stopped by a feed store recently and they were "stocked up" for Easter with a dozen or more baby rabbits. Grrr! (I've spoken with them a couple times already throughout the year because they NEVER have hay available in the bunnies' cages.)

When all the minor corrections are complete, please post here again. I'd like to share your story with our local rabbit rescue's facebook page.

Thanks for all the support and thanks for sharing my ad and Muppet's story. YES! Her teeth were broken and YES the owner admitted to it. I tried to rescue her directly from the owners. The day I met her I opened her mouth and her tongue was sticking out threw the left side of her teeth which had been broken unevenly. They were jagged and she needed to be put under at the vet (when I got her) so they could be reshaped. She had to eat baby food for two weeks afterwards.

I used to do the same thing every year in the 3 newspapers that were in our area. My Caption was "Make Mine Chocolate". You may want to add that they can live up to 10 years or more--we've had two hit 14--and that they do require daily care, more so than a dog or cat. All animals are a commitment and the way some people treat them, I'd like to punch their parents in the face for raising them so haphazardly.

Oh my goodness. Why are people so stupid and cruel? The ad is really good and effective...it had me tearing up at the end.

I did a post for Easter on FB, but definitely a more subtle approach. But your ad is good. Some people really need to be shocked and appalled for them to get the message.

Latest posts

Back