Would this be considered mushy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanluc_pippen_merry

Reaction score
I didn't think to take a picture before i threw it away but i found one of Merry's cecotropes and although they looked formed they were extremely soft to the point that when i picked it up with a bit of tissue, it turned to mush. Is this considered mushy cecals? I gave them about 1/4 of an apple (no seeds) to share yesterday (i introduced it before with no problems) but her cecals seems softer and lighter coloured than usual, like a caramel colour rather than a darker brown as it usually is. I also introduced them to cilantro yesterday, is it possible that it upset her stomach? This is the first time for at least 2 weeks that i have found one of her cecals, but she actually only did it about 10mins ago and it's 10:28am.

So it still looked formed, but as soon as you touch it, it loses its shape and looks like a mushy blob.

Thanks Pip. Her cecals usually look like that, but this one was much lighter in colour and seemed to lose its form when i picked it up whereas when they look like the one in the pic it usually keeps its form unless i squish it. This one lost its form just by touching the tissue. If i find another one i will remember to take a pic this time.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
This is a really crappy subject.
:laugh:

Yeah, i normally don't find her cecals but did find one today. I did see her eat one straight from her bum so im assuming if it was diarrhoea she wouldn't have eaten it?

Latest posts

Back