Worried about Whiskers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
Whiskers, our nethie dwarf, is acting kind of strange this a.m. He wouldn't take his "lofty", only ate some of his banana, and refused his third raisin....he gets 3 in the morning. It's probably nothing to worry about, but I get so flipped out when the buns act out of character. He's having his morning romp in the kitchen, and seems to be active. Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh i know your worry all to well..when one of my bunnies aren't well i worry so much about them..Sunshine wasn't well the other night..she wouldn't touch her food..but after some infacol and tummy massages she was thankfully feeling better by morning.

They sure love to give us a scare!

Oh..i just have to ask...what is a lofty?

Cheryl

A "lofty" is a treat that vitakraft makes....they're probably not very nutritionally sound...ingredients are oat and wheat flour, wheat glutin, sugar, corn, nettle powder, salt and malt (in that order on the box), but he really enjoys them....and he gets them very sparingly.

He seems better after his romp....ate the rest of his banana and the one raisin that was left on his shelf....we'll keep an eye on him, but I'm sure I just over-reacted! :embarrassed:The funny thing is, I wasn't this much of a worrier with my 3 human kids! The only defense I have is that they could tell me when they weren't feeling well, and they certainly didn't try to hide it!!!!

Thanks for the support, Cheryl....I LOVE this place!...I know I say that alot, but I knew exactly where to go to share my concerns, and I knew that others would understand!

I too know how you feel. My bf just got a little nethie, and he doesn't eat much and usually won't eat until you shove greens in his face. He doesn't really eat pellets either, and the pellets we have for him are not a good quality. The rescue we got him from had trouble getting him to eat too. He is eating hay, which is encouraging. But whenever it's been more than a few hours and I don't see any new poop, I get worried about him.

We've been giving him simethocone occasionally and tummy massages, and he hasn't compeltely stopped pooping or eating, so I don't think he's in a dire situation or anything, but it still worries me. Poor guy gets his tummy felt all the time for gas, I make him come out of his cage to run around, and I'm shoving parsley in his little face! He's going to the vet for an annual/pre-neuter next week, so I'm sure he'll be fine until then. but I do worry.

sending you comiseration and wishes of a full
:litterhealthy:

I just wanted to bump this and see how Whiskers is doing since its been a little while since your last post...

Thanks for asking....he's doing much better....eating, drinking, and lots of :litterhealthy:! He just got his night-time raisin, and was very excited to come get it. Thanks again for your good thoughts!

Oh thanks for the explaination on the lofty thing...when you mentioned it in your post i was thinking to myself hmm that's weird i wonder what a lofty is :huhlol...ok so now i know lol.

I am so glad to hear that Whisker's is feeling much better...makes for a less stressed out mum ;)

Cheryl

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. He's back to his old begging for treats self this a.m. The boys will keep an eye on him today...we're off to a wedding for the weekend. Thanks again, guys. This forum is the best! I never feel like I'm alone here!

Latest posts

Back