worried about snuffles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
Hi again....I just read an article about "snuffles", and am worried about the little bun we saw today at the shelter....I posted about that a bit ago.....could the open mouth mean that it's possible that she has this? She was breathing rather rapidly, but it could've been just that she was afraid. I didn't nothice any discharge on her nose....at the place shere the septum is, it look wet, but not on the fur or anything. Her eyes were clear and not at all runny.Thanks....Grace

Open-mouth breathing is never a good sign. If there is clear discharge, it could be all kinds of things (teeth problems, respiratory infection)etc. If you feel she is ill, I would call the shelter and ask to speak to someone.She needs veterinary care and treatment for her own health and to avoid possibly infecting otherbunnies in the shelter.

We talked with the shelter today, and their vet is going to check Mary Ann. We can call on Friday to see what the latest is. Here's hoping it's good news....we'd really like to take her.

Latest posts

Back