worried about small poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
Molly has been having small very smelly poos,she is still eating and drinking but I am rather concerned because sheis having a rather heavy shed. I am giving her papaya tablets daily andbrushing the excess hair off of her. Im wondering if it wouldn't hurtto maybe give her a bath?? and also wondering what else I can be givingher to help!!

A bath may stress her out. I wouldjust wet my hands, then run them over her coat several times a day toget the loose hair off.

I would also push lots of hay.

Edit: I just noticed the smelly part.Arethey like cecals or are they dry and just smaller thanusual?

I'm not sure why they smell, but try gettingmore fluids into her. My buns love pumpkin and that usuallyfixes the small hard poops they tend to get when they'reshedding. Other ideas are to offer a bowl if she normally hasa water bottle or to flavor a second container of water with a littlevanilla or flavored Pedialyte.

Also, try to get her to eat more hay. Reduce her pellets temporarily and put hay in toys and such to make it more fun.

I would not give her a bath. Its too stressful for most bunnies.

If the poops are strung together, its probably just hair. Just make sure you are brushing her lots to get any excess shedding.

As Naturestee suggested, getting more fluids in her would be good. Mybuns love pumpkin (100 % pure in a can) and will eat it off a spoon.Carrot juice works well too. Just dont introduce lots of new stuff atonce.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back