Worried about rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 5 year old female Rex rabbit. Yesterday I notice that her right ear is flopped over and it has never been before. The fur around her left eye looks wet. Her right eye has a blue cloudly look to it. Leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. What should I do. I am worried that she is sick and not going to be alive we when get home.

Attachments

• 6983E214-0E8B-49EB-A752-2B57C723A035.jpeg
    6983E214-0E8B-49EB-A752-2B57C723A035.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
This is just a guess based on the symptoms described, but a drooping ear, eye discharge, and cloudiness in the eye could indicate there is some sort of infection or abscess going on. Which would mean getting her seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

I would also be concerned, you need to take her to a rabbit savvy vet, or get someone else to take her in your absence.

The blue cloud over her eye could be cataracts. My 11 yr old bun has them and the vet said he's partially blind.
I would take her to the vet about the ear and eye or have family or a friend take her for you whilst you're away.

Latest posts

Back