Worried about new baby bunny after a fall. :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne Davidson

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've read a lot for info tho. Thank you! :)I'm in need of some advice/reassurance.

I recently bought two baby mini Rex bunnies (now 12 weeks) for my daughter. On Wednesday we took them to the vet for vaccinations and Willow jumped and then fell from about 4ft. She seemed fine at first but when we got home I noticed she is lifting her back left foot up. We went back to the vet who couldn't find anything broken but after 24 hours of pain meds she is still not bearing weight on her foot. She is eating and drinking. I've to take her back in for an x-ray in the morning if she still not walking properly. So worried about her and upset for my daughter who feels like it's her fault cause she couldn't keep hold of her.

Also feel a bit annoyed with myself for not putting the carrier and bunnies on the floor instead of the examination table.

Lesson learned!

A x

So sorry about the accident. Years ago one of my rabbits jumped off the back of a sofa and destroyed his knee cap. That might be something to check. I hope he is on the mend soon.

Thanks Niomi,

Well I'm relieved to wake up this morning and see her looking ok. She's still reluctant to move much but is eating well. We're in at vet this morning for an X-ray. Fingers crossed Willow will be ok. x

Update. Willow saw the vet and had a thorough examination. She thinks she's just a bit bruised and recommended a week on metacam and another review then. She's still eating well. Looking good for my bunny at the moment. :)

I'm so glad you took the bunny for x rays and that it's just bruising. Fingers crossed that she'll feel better soon.

Thanks Erica. Vet didn't x-ray, just thoroughly examined her physically and said she didn't think x-ray was needed. She was reluctant to tranquilize her unless absolutely necessary. Willow scoffing her hay, I'm cautiously optimistic! :) x

Latest posts

Back