Worried about my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krissa wrote:
I do have one complaint though, why do all my critters always act sick AFTER the vet leaves for the day?:dunno

Because they like to make us worry!

Good job! If he's eating again, he'll probably start pooping again before too long.

When you were rubbing his tummy last night maybe the gurgling that you heard was either gas or some movement in the GI tract. I'm glad that he ate this morning but if he hasn't pooped by the time that you return home I would definitely either call or see the vet. Hope that he poops ;)

We have poops!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gandalf is his old evil self again, he ran away from me when I tried to pet him and struggled when I picked him up. I never thought I would be so happy to see him try to run from me:D. He is doing some binkies in my living room right now.

I called the vet anyway and she thinks he may have had gas like angiluv suggested.

angieluv wrote:
When you were rubbing his tummy last night maybe the gurgling that you heard was either gas or some movement in the GI tract. I'm glad that he ate this morning but if he hasn't pooped by the time that you return home I would definitely either call or see the vet. Hope that he poops ;)
The vet said to watch him and if he acts funny again to bring him in (she knows how terrified he is when he comes in so she didnt want to stress him too much as long as he is on the mend).

Thank you all for your support, I was sooo scared for my rescued baby, even if he doesnt like me much. Now I have to go tell my other two bunnies that I love them because they are jelous that they arent getting all the attention.

angieluv wrote:
The Glorious Poop Has ReturnedI am so happy he is OK!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed so hard reading that I scared my ****atiel off my monitor.:laugh:

Edit: I didnt realise it would edit out the type of bird I had. :shock:

As serious as this is I just had to laugh when i read Angiluv's email about poop as it is so true. I am going throught GI stuff with one of my rabbits and as bunny owners know it is truly poop rules!

A suggestion: I use a 1 cc plunger to give my bunny canned pumpkin, it works great!

You can get the syringes free at pharmacies, my vet charges $1.00 for them. i began giving my bun 2cc, which is 2 syringes full. I also have a 3 cc syringe, but I don't like to use it for anything more than the nutrical because comes out too fast and gets wasted. Tatum

Latest posts

Back