Worried about my bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassidylangiano

Reaction score
Okay... So iv had Ralphy for about three weeks and he has now got a little nic taken out of one of his ears that wasn't there to begin with.... He's alone in his cage so there is no way he's been in a fight but it's definitely new. He hasn't had this the whole time.... Is there something I should be worrying about? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391418177.800952.jpg

I don't know what could have caused this? Or if this just happens?

Well he's in a home made cage... It's almost like a snake tank so it's all smooth inside so I doubt he caught it on anything... But I don't need to worry? It's not bleeding and he lets me touch it so I'm guessing it's not hurting him?

If it's not bleeding and it doesn't seem like he's in any sort of discomfort I'm sure he'll be fine. Confusing how he got that nic though!

That's what's worrying me more is how he got it. He's not in any pain which is good but I don't know where he could of got it so I'm just worried he will hurt himself more seriously without me knowing how...

Two of mine have the same thing. I would not worry it may come from grooming. If there is no blood, it should be ok.
If you notice blood or scabbing, then I would take him to the vet.

Vanessa

Just keep an eye on it, make sure there are no signs of infection and it should be fine.

Thank you! I have been keeping a check on it! It all seems fine so I'm not that worried anymore :)

Latest posts

Back