Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laur94x

Reaction score
We have Poppy since she was 16 weeks and her health was generally fine. She eats well,poops and pees as normal and is very playful and gentle. The past two or three days I noticed she has a small bit of hair missing on her ear. When I moved the hair there was scratch like marks. She grooms her self as normal and scratches very rarely nothing for concern. I'm just worried she could have mites. She has also got out of her cage before and I'm wondering could she have caught herself in a rigid edge. Where the hair is missing is slightly red and looks sore and has two small scratches in different directions. She isn't making any pain noises and was binkying around this morning in good humor.
20190903_191241.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it could be ringworm. Ringworm is treated with any regular athletes foot/foot fungus cream. If it starts to get flacky and red and all the hair is bald I would asoom it’s ringworm

It looks like it could be ringworm. Ringworm is treated with any regular athletes foot/foot fungus cream. If it starts to get flacky and red and all the hair is bald I would asoom it’s ringworm

How often should I apply it as I wouldn't like upset her stomach incase she got at part of her ear ? Its soft to touch. Not flaky or dry at all

Here is two updated photos taking just nowView attachment 42789 View attachment 42790
ab
Rabbits usually try to hide when they are in pain and usually only scream if they are in very extreme pain and or are frightened to death. Your rabbit may be experiencing discomfort/pain from this irritation on their ear but not make it known to you. Take them to your Vet before you try any over the counter ointments or other products. Rabbits are sensitive animals, please seek medical advice from a Exotic Veterinarian. I hope your bunny feels better soon!

She has an appointment tomorrow for her nails to be clipped so I will say it about her ear

She has an appointment tomorrow for her nails to be clipped so I will say it about her ear

That’s great! Try to keep your bunny comfortable and give them lots of love till their appointment. Best wishes! Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back