Worried About Daisy( Not Eating)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
I went to give all the bunnies their veggies for the night and Daisy didn't come running like always. She's staying in the corners. Should I be worried? I haven't listened to her belly for sounds, only cause the kids are up and it's kinda loud right now.

Should I go ahead and give Simethicone Drops? Amount to give? I don't know her weight. She's a smaller bunny. I would guess2-3 pounds (at the most),IDK.

Thanks for any help.There goes my anxiety out the roof. I don't like when any of animals are sick :(

Anything amiss in the home? Did she ingest anything odd? Did she willingly eat any other food today?

She ate her pellets this morning. They(Daisy or Rascal)haven't got ahold of anything that I know of. I watch them when they're out playing. They're not free roam buns.

I moved their cage yest across the room I wondering if she's stressed from it. Even though she ate this morning.

I was just holding her and I don't hear any belly sounds-gas.

You don't always hear belly sounds when they have gas..go ahead and give the simethicone with repeats of 1 cc after an hour or so X 3 if she is not acting normal.
if you have benebac( a probiotic you can also give this but wait awhile after you give the simethicone.

the simethicone many times works quickly and your rabbit may be ok in a few hours.
you can do some gentle tummy massages or encourage exercise also to help her.

Sometimes I syringe fluids like pedialyte but it is not absolutely necessary at this point.

my rabbits just despise benebac but it seems to helps my rabbits recover from mini- gas attacks .. in addition to simethicone which is to me a miracle drug

I don't have pedialyte but I will be out tomorrow soI'll get some to have it on hand.

Hopefullly she just has gas. If she's not better bytomorrow, I'll post here again.

Thanks again :)

Try to feel her belly a bit too-if it's gas, that kind of massage can help, and if it's something else, you can maybe feel an obstruction. Don't press on he stomach (closer up near the ribcage) if it feels hard--that would be bloat which requires vet care to treat.

tonyshuman wrote:
Try to feel her belly a bit too-if it's gas, that kind of massage can help, and if it's something else, you can maybe feel an obstruction. Don't press on he stomach (closer up near the ribcage) if it feels hard--that would be bloat which requires vet care to treat.
I'll try that. Thanks. And see if I can feel something or not.

She seems a little better. I'm watching her. I seen her eating earlier some hay and going to the bathroom. She'slayed out-kinda on her sidein a comfy position sleeping now.

I'm guessing she must feel ok to sleep like that. Thanks for checking on her :)

Latest posts

Back