Worried about bunny’s poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has always had this type of pellets and this has never happened before! I usually feed them a combo of both hays but I can try doing what you said. Im just worried maybe the baby had some kind of parasite and she got it

Thanks! Winslow doesn’t like timothy hay thats whu I have to mix a little alfalfa in. Ive always done that though and this has never happened! I dropped off a fecal sample at the vet so fingers crossed that it’s something simple. They are my babies!!

Hi guys! I just got an 8 week old bunny last Saturday. Today I noticed some weird poop in his cage that stinks.. idk if I would consider it diarrhea but it doesnt look like the cecotropes he had the other day. Maybe he is getting more pellets than he is used to? he is on the same brand that the breeder was feeding him though. He also spills his water bowl a lot and some poop is on the bottom of his foot so maybe he squished it? Sorry for the gross pic, but should I bring him to the vet?
Hi, this looks like not fully formed cecotropes if it was just once I wouldn't worry much maybe he was stressed. It can be also that his diet is too rich but if he's still 8 week old he can be on unlimited pellets.

What brand of pellets do you feed him, you said it's same pellets from your breeder so no recent changes in his diet?

If he gets alfalfa pellets and you mix timothy hay with alfalfa hay maybe it's a bit too much alfalfa for him?

Hi, this looks like not fully formed cecotropes if it was just once I wouldn't worry much maybe he was stressed. It can be also that his diet is too rich but if he's still 8 week old he can be on unlimited pellets.

What brand of pellets do you feed him, you said it's same pellets from your breeder so no recent changes in his diet?

If he gets alfalfa pellets and you mix timothy hay with alfalfa hay maybe it's a bit too much alfalfa for him?

He eats a blue seal alfalfa pellet! Which is the same one his breeder was feeding him and also the same one I’ve been feeding my other bun since I got her!

But yes, I was thinking that too maybe it’s a richer diet than he was used to if he didnt get as many pellets before or was only eating timothy hay.

he does have normal poop too! It’s only occured twice a few days apart. It also happened to my other rabbit today too though. I think shes been getting a couple too many treats since I’ve been trying to make sure she knows shes still my #1 baby! I’m gonna cut back a little on pellets and stop with treats for now. I also brought a fecal sample to my vet today just to be sure. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back