Worried about Bew

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
So I'm wondering what her nose should look like if there's a sniffles problem. She normally has a teeny bit of yellow around it, but considering she likes to stick it in things, it's hard to tell if it's food or something more I should worry about.

Also, her urine is REALLLY dark. I never really worried about it because I know rabbit urine can range from many colors, but it's like the color of the peel of a blood orange.

blood_orange.jpg

not red, but a DARK orange. Is that normal? Should I be worried?

I'm also wondering how long it will take her to lose weight. I know it's bad to do anything drastic, so she gets limited pellets and lots of hay and free time, but I don't think she's lost any weight at all, :(. She's also become difficult with her litterbox. She refuses to use it now and I don't know what to do. :( I'm just worried about her, and I'm worried about her staining her little feetsies. :(

Any ideas?

I'm not sure about the nose situation but the colouring of their wee can range from a yellowish colour to a very darkorangy rustycolour.

The very first time i had seen coloured wee like that was from my Marshmallow (rip),i thought she was sick or something,so i took her to the vet,and that is where i learned that bunnies can have different coloured wee.

Gosh that was back in 04.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you with your question about your bunny's nose.

Cheryl

Is the yellow around her nose stained fur, or is it discharge? If her nose is dry and it's just yellow fur around her nose, it could just be discoloured. Bunnies with discharge from their nose may wipe their noses with their paws, soI would check the inside of her front legs to see if there's any crustiness or evidence that she's been wiping at her nose.

Is it recently that she's lost/changed her litter habits? Do you see her straining at all? Urine darkens when itcomes in contact with the air aswell.

Here's some information to check out if you are concerned about a urinary problem:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12052&forum_id=10

Hopefully someone will come along with more information :).

Well, I'm pretty sure the nose is a stain bc it doesn't seem to be changing. She doesn't have any crustiness on her paws. Is there anything I can do to get the little bit off her nose? It's not a stain per-se, it's a bit of gunk on there. >.<

Now I'm worried about Hazel though. Her nickname is little piggy, but lately she hasn't been eating all of her pellets.... She eats tons of hay and treats, but not all of her pellets like she used to.... should I be freaking out? Vet time?

First off for Bew, very good he's eating. As far as cleaning? I would use a moist rag and clean the nose.

I wouldn't worry about Hazel at this point. Probably nothing, just maybe due to changes.;)

How long should it be before I worry? It's been the last few days I've noticed it with Hazel, about 4 I'd say. She eats some of them, but not all like she used to. Could it be because it's the end of the bag? I'm about to change them to the timothy ox after being on the baby alphalfa one. >.< I hope she's ok, their spay is coming up soon. I had to delay it so many times because of stuff going on... >.<

They all (except Bew, she gets a tiny bit less) get 1/4 a cup a day. 1/8 in the morning(9-10ish) and then 1/8 at night (6ish). They also get some greens and unlimited hay, and most days they get a papaya tablet.

Hazel used to eat all of her pellets as soon as she got them and would get super excited when she heard the bag coming out and go over and gobble the pellets right up. Now she ignores them and doesn't eat all of them by nighttime/morningtime.

She still loves her greens, eats hay and gets SUPER excited for her papaya tablet, but is it weird for her to have suddenly stopped eating all of her pellets?

I just dump out the old ones because I don't want her to want some and then have them be old. >.<

I'd have a vet check her teeth. Maybe there's something wrong such as molar spurs that make the pellets uncomfortable to eat. I know pellets were the hardest thing for Luna to eat when she had molar spurs.

Latest posts

Back