Worms??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Well I found a little worm about 1/4 of an icnh long in Phinns poo.
It was white and pointy at one end.
It looked like a little wite thread.
My parents put it in a little zip lock baggie in case we need to bring it to the vets.
Is it a worm or is it something he just got from his lettuce?
Do we need to set up an appointment?
Please help!
Silvie&Phinn

I moved this thread to the infirmary for you! You should get more answers here.

I have never had to deal with worms, but if he does have worms then he needs to go on some medication to clear it up. The vet can do a couple tests on his poop to see what kind of worms he has.

--Dawn

Good for you for saving it!

I would make an appt with the vet to have it checked out. It sounds like pin worms, which bunnies can have in their poo. The vet should be able to get him on something to take care of it.

Poor Phinn!

Pin worms are one of the most common internal parasites of the rabbit. One treatment will not kill all stages of pin worms, so a regular treatment program is advised.

Pam

Well Phinn was diagnosed with Pin worms from a poo sample (we didnt even have to take him in) and so we got his treatment and he's done now!
It was a one time thing and it was SO easy!
We had to wrap him in a little "bunny burrito" (a beach towel) so he wouldnt kick. He took it all and didnt get scared or anything.
I feel a lot beter because it isnt a very nicve thought to think about your baby having
"worms that eat away at theyre extra nutrition" inside him!!
xo
Silvie&a de wormed Phinn!

Latest posts

Back