Worms? Treatment?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janellek

Reaction score
Hello everyone I think I’ve come to the discovery of worms in one of my bunnies poop. I really don’t know how she would’ve got it but I think that’s what it is. Is there anything I can feed her to help before we get her some medication? Is there anything I can buy without going to the vet? I heard apple cider vinegar can be good to an extent? Also I have seen two. I think. They were kinda on top of the poop. Thankyou:)

It kinda looked more translucent and not very long. I haven’t seen any more and I don’t know how the heck she would’ve got them!

Pinworms are treated with fenbendazole. You're in Canada? If you have Panacur Rabbit for sale there, that's the easiest way to treat pinworms. 20mg/kg, once a day, and I would do it for 10 days. If you don't have that, then a fenbendazole liquid dewormer is what is used for pinworms. You also want to make sure to do a thorough cleaning of your rabbits environment, particularly the poop.

If in doubt or you have any questions or concerns, it's best to call and consult with your experienced rabbit vet.

If your rabbit is ever outdoors, that would be the most likely way to get it. But if your rabbit is only ever inside, then maybe tracked in or maybe through hay.

yes I’m in Canada! I will look for panacur Thankyou very much! Yes my bunnies do play outdoors so that must be how. Is there a rabbit panacur or do I give her cat?

My rabbit had pinworms. We took her to the vet and they gave her some meds. he gave us 2 syringes.1 every 2 weeks. she only needed two and then there were no more worms in her poop. They can also be from the mother. It just gets more bad and then they start to come out from their poops.
hopefully it gets sorted out. also clean the litter box and cage (If you have one) Regularly

Yes there is a rabbit panacur, but it's not widely available in the US. I don't know if you can get it in Canada or not. It's also not dosed for rabbits under 2.5kg according to it's data sheet.

I'm not sure about the cat one. Just don't use the large animal Panacur paste(equine, cattle, etc). It's too difficult to dose correctly. I would only use Panacur rabbit or liquid fenbendazole(eg. Safeguard goat dewormer suspension). If you want to try and work out the cat panacur dosing, that's up to you. If you can't find Panacur rabbit, or you're unsure about how to find and/or dose the right med, please don't try and do this your self, but contact your vet.

https://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-478703

I have a Rabbitry and now I’m concerned they all have it. We can’t find panacur so we are going to go to the vets and hope they give us dewormer for the remainder of my bunnies 🐰

I use liquid Safeguard goat dewormer suspension(fenbendazole). It's available otc online or at farm stores here in the US. Though if you aren't familiar with calculating doses and administering meds, then it would be best to have your vet help you with that. Though getting the dewormer online or at a farm store will usually be cheaper than buying it through your vet. So you may still want to get the dewormer itself that way instead of through your vet. Unless you're not comfortable with that, then just get it all from your vet is best.

I'm am up to learning the doses of the goat dewormer I will try and find some and let you know.

So if I were to order the dewormer how big of a bottle would I get for 16 bunnies? I have 8 adults and 8 new born babies I would deworm them when they are older. What age would I be able to deworm them?also I have mostly Holland lops that are all about 3.5 pounds and up.

Would this work?

Attachments

• 6B7A338D-1E75-4633-9395-02C74A25A6EF.jpeg
    6B7A338D-1E75-4633-9395-02C74A25A6EF.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 3
No. Don't order a powder. It's too difficult for the average person to mix up and dose correctly. This is the one I've used.

Safeguard Dewormer liquid

Typically it's best to wait until a rabbit is 8 weeks old before deworming if at all possible. I've already shared all of the dosing info normally recommended for rabbits. I can't give you more specific instruction on how to treat your rabbits. I'm not a vet. I can just share my experience, what I do, and info that is available on the internet.

If you aren't comfortable and familiar with doing this type of thing, it would be best to work with a knowledgeable rabbit vet, get fecal float tests done if needed to determine which rabbits are affected, get the correct med, and have the correct calculations done on the dosing.

Latest posts

Back