Worming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierlakay

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if you worm your rabbits?..

I have been worming my rabbits and Guinea's pigs the same time I do my dogs so every 3 months... I am very into worming everything right on schedule, esp since I have 4 kids, worms just freak me out...

I was just wondering if anyone else worms, and If it really is the right thing to be doing every 3 months etc..

Because all the rabbit research iv done nothing ever mentions worming them...

I do not worm my buns. In the 3 years of having them I have never had an issue with worms :)

But maybe where you live it is different? I really don't know lol Maybe someone who knows more will come along and be able to help you out ;)

We have only de-wormed once...and that was because one of our adoptables came to us with pinworms...I asked our vet about regular worming, but she said it was unnecessary.

So unless someone shows signs of worms...nope...but any rabbits that come to us as a rescue or adoptable we take to the vet for a fecal test and wellness checkup just to be sure that the bunn is healthy...and we quarantine for up to a month depending on the bunns condition just to be we don't spread anything!

Danielle

Latest posts

Back