worming kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvdutchrabbbits90

Reaction score
What do you use to de-worm babies? I have a litter of 5 week old lionheads, i lost one a couple days ago and now 2 more are hippy. I have never had this problem. The one that died and one other one are not growing. So with what, and how much? They are all under a pound.

I would try using diatamacious earth. It is what we use to get rid of fleas on our cat once, kill ants, and de-worm our cats. It is basically shells from little microscopic thingies in the ocean that shed their shells, and the shells are sharp enough to stab the worms/fleas/ants/etc. but small enough not to hurt animals. I know it sounds kinda, er, medieval? but it works. they are also so small that they are just like powder to us. I also use it on my rabbits during the summer, by just rubbing some into their fur. It helps so they don't get fleas or anything from being outside. ;)

P.S. MAKE SURE TO GET FOOD GRADE! NOT THE STUFF FOR POOLS! here is a link: http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

hope this helps!

My mom had this happen with her himmies. After the two runts dying and then her good show bunny getting symptoms(hippy) She took her to the vet. RX was Albon, Critical Care, and a rabbit dose of revolution. Panacur can also be used

Well I use the Ivamec for cattle the injectibale kind it does many thing like worm, ear mites,fur mites, and makes them blow there fur and all you have to do is suck it up into a surgine and put a small drop behind there head right where the ears conect and rub it in really well and it works really well all the way around but I dont know how it will work for kits I have only done it to adult rabbits and buns over 2 months old..........Toby

Latest posts

Back