Woodpeckers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol the other day my son heard a knockingsound and came running in the kitchen telling me that a woodpecker was in the ceiling eating our house,lol.

Over the weekend I was looking out my upstairs window and saw a Pileated Woodpecker having at my cherry tree.

He was HUGE....about a foot and a half tall!!!

What a racket he made....and a good sized SQUARE hole. Looked like a little door in the tree. :?
FKT_072202_00364B_S.jpg

LOL! @ "in the ceiling" eating our house!! How cute!

Jim, I think we have one of those here. Is it pretty big? We have something similar (my daughter described it) that is about 8 to 10 inches tall maybe? She showed me about 12 inches but I figured she was exagerating.

The ones I saw were little with red tops..... hmm...

I don't know - My Dad takes a lot of wildlife photos and there are a variety of woodpeckers on his property, out where they live.

Some are smaller ones, but he has pictures with different types in the same frame and some ARE huge.

Unless the others are dwarfs...

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Jim, I think we have one of those here. Is it pretty big? We have something similar (my daughter described it) that is about 8 to 10 inches tall maybe? She showed me about 12 inches but I figured she was exagerating.

The ones I saw were little with red tops..... hmm...

The one I saw was about 10 feet from me and it was HUUUUUGE.
It's only the second time I've seen one like it.
We have 3 or 4 other breeds that are quite a bit smaller.....including one that has a red head and is about 8 to10 inches tall...most likely a red-headed woodpecker.

BID_071702_00345A_S.jpg

I'll have to show Lex this thread. The ones I saw I have identified as a female and male yellow bellied woodpecker and I think a youth or it might have been a downy. I can't be sure.

Latest posts

Back