Won’t drink water!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
ugh! I feel like I’ve been posting about my bun constantly. We went to the vet and we both think he’s eating too fast. Now my other bun eats fast but my rabbit squishy eat FAST. We think he’s taking in too much air. BUT the little stinker won’t drink his water. I have no idea why! He has a bowl , gets fresh filtered water . He normally drinks a full bowl + a day. He only drinks a tiny bit. His poos are still kinda small but he’s eating hay and veggies . I’ve been giving him gas drops and meds for a slow g.i . I got fine ground critical care but he doesn’t like it .. oh boy. I’ve only been giving him cilantro and dandelion greens because he’s always eaten cilantro and I’ve heard that dandelion greens are really good for bunnies. PLEASE help if you can. At this point I don’t know what to do and I don’t want him to not be healthy . In all the years I’ve had him he’s always been perfectly healthy . So sorry for constantly posting I really don’t know who else to go to. @JBun @Blue eyes

First of all, questions like yours are why we're here. Those of us who are very rabbit-savvy and don't have a whole lot left to learn these days remain on the forums primarily so that we can help other bunnies (and bunny-slaves) in need... so never feel bad about asking questions! If you need help, don't ever be afraid to ask or feel like you're "bothering" us with questions, because you're not.

I never had luck with the fine grind or with the anise flavored - only with the other flavor (apple banana, I wanna say?). Given that he's recovering from GI stasis, you may need to push the water issue a bit. You can mist his veggies with water (or even his hay as long as you remove that handful of hay after a couple hours if it hasn't been eaten) and you can syringe him some water.

Latest posts

Back