Wonky poop, help!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
Lümi has a fat belly that is a bit stiff. He won't let me massage it but he's active, drinking water too. I made him move around and move his belly when he lets me, from which low gurgles came. I haven't heard him teeth noising yet. Now he produced some wonky-looking poop without any visible mucus in it. They are, however, darker and softer to the touch than his normal ones.
His diet consists of unlimited hay and water, dandelion greens, dill and some lone lettuces, and a small handful of burgess excel adult mint pellets. He's 6months old.15965493933317892558991863072245.jpg Has his hay consumption decreased? How else would i help him solve the belly issue? The vet's office is closed for today already.
The middlemost poop is one of his more normal ones.

My bunny went through what sounds your bunny’s going through we had just driven 4 hours to get back home from vacation
He wasn’t eating that much, his poo has small and kind of deformed, but he did take treats, but wasn’t moving around that much. I massaged his belly for like an hour, did not leave him for like 6 hours (cause I was paranoid),😅, made him move around, and kind of force fed him hay.

(about 6 hours )Eventually his poop went back to normal and started acting his normal happy self :)

That's how he's sitting now- loafy and ears pinned back. He doesn't want to hold them loppity at all. Any thoughts?1596550575439622195899523293015.jpg

No i don't have that, our stores don't sell it.

So I think his ‘GI stasis” is caused by the stress (so momentarily I would let off on the bonding) until he gets better like maybe 3ish days 🤔.
76D00EA5-F534-404D-B6DE-0B5CBC5FA162.png

Last edited:
I left the hay bag down on the floor for him and he's tucked his head in it, munching!
So i don't think that a crit-care is needed. Thanks for the support though!

Latest posts

Back