Wondering about Macey. :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Last night:

The water bottle had the same amount as it did yesterday.

Macey's pellets weren't eaten, and usually there would have been no trace of pellets in her cage by now.

She usually rushes to find her pellets and eat them, but she didn't even seem to care that they were there.

There wasn't as many poos as there normally is at all. Maybe half the amount.

This morning:

Water bottle was a little lower, but that could have been were I tested in last night to see if it was still working, and it leeked some. But I think she may have drank some.

Her food was half eaten.

Hay didn't seem to be eaten, but she may have eaten a little bit, or just stepped on it to make it look like she did.

She pood A LOT, like 2 days worth, but they were small.

I'll check on her again tonight.

But I was wondering if it was normal for her to not poo a bunch on night and then the next morning poo a whole lot? Well...obviously not "normal" but I was wondering if she would be ok...

Sounds like stasis. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate....and hydrate some more. Offer wet leafy greens....romaine and dandelions. Sub-q fluids would be most effective.

Randy

Tummy massages and exercise will help too.

Pedialyte is great for hydration,the unflavored or even the flavored. (There's a thread kicking around about the popularity of the bubblegum flavor). :shock:

I just gave Pipp some diluted carrot juice.

Keep us posted.

If she doesn't perk up soon, I'd get her into the vet.

sas :clover:

Today:

She ate half of what was in her pellet bowl this morning, but it still isn't all the way gone.

Her litterbox was about the same as it was this morning.

I refilled her bowl and gave her a bowl of water to drink while she is in the warm storage room exercising. She didn't seem interesting in the food or water, but atleat she's up moving.

She wanted no part in a tummy massage and the last thing I want to do right now is stress her out. I will try again later.

And I think you guys call it poopy butt...I don't know, butmaybe I'll callthis pee pee butt, because there is no poo stuck to her, but there is pee I think,but Macey has that now. Her feet and butt STINK TO HIGH HEAVENS. I'm not sure what I can say this smells like, but it stinks and I've never smelled this before on her. I took some baby wipes out there to try and clean her off, I got some but she was just wanting to roam around. I will try that again too later.

As soon as mom gets home we will go pick up pedilyte, syringes, and some extra leafy greens.

How much pedilyte should I give her?

And I'm gonna keep weighing her constantly to make sure she doesn't lose weight.

Weight today: 4.6 lb

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it.

A vet visit will be in order if she doesn't improve.

She now has pedilyte in her system.

As she was drinking it, her tummy made weird noises.

She is sleeping in the nice warm storage room tonight.

Mom wouldn't let her come in, but atleast she will get to stay in there.

I will go back out later to make sure she didn't spill the bowl her pedilyte was in.

And I cleaned her litterbox so we will see how her droppings are later.

Can you go out and take a nice warm towel and lay her on your lap on that? and then just gently pet her sides to sort of rub them? That's what I did with Bo.

Yes, how is our little Macey dear? She's been in my thoughts! Oh and I saw her baby pictures in another thread, SO CUTE!

This morning:

Drank a lot of pedilyte.

Ate her pellets from last night.

Ate a carrot. :)

This evening:

Was sitting and when I picked her up, she has dirrahea and/or smooshed poo. I looks more like the diarrea pictures I've seen though.

Didn't drink the pediltye when I refilled it this morning.

Pellets seem gone, but I'll look closer because she may have spilled them.

The stuff of her bum is gone.

Mmkkk

I just put her back from exercising.

She had over 40 balls in her litterbox, so...in just about 1 hour she used it a lot.

Her balls are back to being big, not smallish lookin' anymore.

She was munching a little tiny bit of hay and took a couple pellets.

She's back in her hutch now, and I put a new bowl of pellets in there for her, and she didn't seem interested.

She ended up spilling about 1/2 the pellets she had earlier, but most was ate.

Definitely encourage her to eat as much hay as possible, especially if she has runny stools again. You may have to cut back on pellets if that's the case.

But so far, so good!

sas :clover:

MY Macey! I'm glad to hear she's feeling a bit better. Poor love. I hope she feels even more better tomorrow!

MY MACEY :grumpy:

Haha, I just want to thank you guys for caring so much.

I checked on her this morning her litterbox was all the way full, haha, I've never seen her poo so much before.

She drank some.

And ate pretty much all her pellets, there was just a little left though, but that's ok.

She's out right now sleeping in the grass.

But she had a little more stuff on her bum this morning that stunk. But just a little bit.

I think she's gonna be just fine now.

Thanks you guys, from both me and Macey!

dsc03558ym7.jpg

Latest posts

Back