wish me luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
about to head out the door! have a big allergy skin test going on today.

we are holding hope for some answers as to why i am always breaking out in hives and such!

anyway, what better way to spend your morning then getting poked by lots of needles ?!?!

wish me luck!

smiley_abeq.gif

Better not be rabbits!!

sas :bunnydance:

Good Luck! I actually have an appointment with the dematologist next week. I've been breaking out into rashes also but to the point it's scarring my body. Curious to hear about your outcome. Like Pipp said, hope it's not your bunnies!

well, i am home and cranky. for more on why just look at my blog, i will be updating it with everything

but i was lucky to NOT have to have the needle test, but instead i get to wear these patches on my back for 4 days and go back to see what i am reacting to.

the buns aren't an issue. my problem is chemicals like cleaners. so that is what they test me for.

kinda creates a lot of issues for me cause i work in a kitchen. . . in a hospital.

we have cleaners everywere.

so for the next 4 days i get to have my back covered in patches and tape, and i can't get it wet at all. so i get to sink shower (wash my hair in the sink, sponge bath it up) fun huh?

and the worse thing is, i have only had it done a few hours, and can already feel a reaction in some areas.

blah, not so fun at all

Ugh! How unpleasant. At least if it's itchy already, it means you're allergic to something so they'll be able to pinpoint it and hopefully treat you? Not that that knowledge will make the next couple days any more pleasant.

it is so uncomfortable! blah!

i am not sure how much of my reaction so far is from the test patches or the adhesive on the medical tape. all i know is this is going to be a long 4 days!

I had the prick test on my arms done last year, and it showed up absolutely nothing. I left feeling very frustrated, because I have had eczema all my life and it is quite severe at times on my hands so there is obviously something going on.

Even though it sucks to have to go through the 4 days, at least I think you are more likely to find out some results that can make a difference to your life. I haven't gone back for the more comprehensive test that you are doing*, and I think if I did I would be dreading it. Whereas at least you didn't know you were doing it so you didn't have the dread of it coming up... just looking on the positive side!

I wish you all the best as you wait out the 4 days, and I hope you find some answers at the end of it all.

* I have been seeing a naturopath/chinese medicine guy, and I finally feel like I am getting somewhere, but that is an entirely other topic and I don't want to take this topic off subject. If you want to talk about it somewhere else, I would be happy to.

day 2

and i am completely miserable

didn't sleep well last night at all because it is so uncomfortable and itchy.

and now i have to go work a 10 hour shift

and crystal please take over the thread and talk about your naturopath/chinese medicine guy or start a new thread, i am way interested!

anyways, off to wash my hair in the sink.

end of day 2.

and i am going crazy

*sorry all, i am using this thread as my own little pity party*

not only am i itchy on the test patches, but i am randomly breaking out on my body.

i am literally at my wits end, if it gets any worse i am calling my doctor at home.

and the hardest part is: that this is going to make me get a different job.

with the reaction i have been having, it has way increased my depression and anxiety level. i can FEEL it.

having a constant reaction to things 4 days a week at work could be a big answer to why i am just always feeling depressed, because i simply just don't feel good and it gets me down.

ugh. now i am really happy that i switched to all natural cleaners and home, and normally only clean with white vinegar.

I've always had eczema on my right hand from handling tomatoes and carrot tops. I didn't need tests to figure that one out.

However, at times it gets extremely bad -- I can barely use my fingers --- and other times it doesn't seem affected.

I have recently discovered the key factor is ... STRESS!

The eczema increases in direct relation to my stress level.

The cleaning products may be a trigger, but I'll put money on the tests and potential repercussions being the major problem -- a self-fulfilling prophecy. The stress of the allergy is causing the bulk of the problems.

It was a bit hard to peg because your brain and body don't always agree on what is stressful. Some things I thought I was handling well, others not so well, but my body knew the truth.

Not sure what to do about it, though. :ponder:

sas :goodluck

Is the torture over, Katie? what were the results and how are you feeling about it?

I can relate with the post above about eczema on the right hand! I just wish I had a reason for why I get it... I sometimes have trouble bending my fingers, as you also said. It really sucks doesn't it :(

yup! it is all over! (was on monday, but i have been sick, so i haven't been on at all till today).

i am allergic to nickle. everything else is just sensitivity, which is almost worse cause they can't really treat me for it, just give me hints of preventive stuff.

and pipp, you are so right! i do know that sometimes i get stress hives, but we also know for a fact that when i touch certain cleaners i instantly break out.

so it is a complete mix.

i am trying different things, but honestly i couldn't be happier right now just to have those patches off my back!

hmm nickle... that's one I haven't heard before (as an allergy). What kinds of things have nickle in them?

so are you also getting a picture of all the things you are sensitive to? knowing what to avoid would certainly help...

I've had the regular tests (needles) done a few times and it really doesn't hurt but the discomfort afterwards.... Wow... I can't believe you have to do it for 4 days :shock:You're entitled to alllllllllll the whining in the world! Hope it gives you answers. Funny how many of you are breaking out into hives randomly these days though. I have a friend who has that problem and they still don't know what it is. Anyway, hope it's over soon and that it helped somehow!:rose:

Latest posts

Back