Wish Lucas luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to take my boy Lucas to the vet this morning because he hasn't been eating well. A few days ago, he refused his dinner (pellets), and I gave his a couple rounds of simethicone, and he finally ate around midnight. Last night was much the same, and he ended up eating around 9 PM. This morning, he wouldn't touch his greens, so I drove him over to the vet's who took him in for tests. Just got off the phone with his doctor, and we're going to run some tests to try and figure out the cause of his problems.

Just wanted to share. I know he's in great hands, his doctor is the best rabbit doc around, but I worry about him, and I don't want him to continue to have issues. Wish my little man good luck!

Oh Sir Lawrence, this is so, so hard.... I´m so glad you´re sharing this with us so we can support you in the best way we possible we can.

We think of you and wish all three of you (Lucas, Sir Lawrence and their wonderful Bonny Dad) the very best. And lots of prayers for this lovely little bonny!

Good luck Lucas from Sissel and Bianca and may you be well soon ❤!

So, update. As of last night, Lucas had x-rays and blood work. His blood panel is all fine, no liver lobe torsion, or blockage, but the x-rays showed he had what the doctor thinks is a hair ball in his stomach. He was responding well to the medications, and was full of energy, trying to chew the IV line, so we're taking that as a good sign. He also had stool in his colon, so he's not completely stopped up. He stayed the night, and I'm waiting to get the morning update, which I will share.

At this point the doctor thinks this is a relatively routine case of pre-stasis, and hopefully he'll pull through just fine. I'm still worried sick, though!

Thank you all for the well-wishes!! ☺ ☺ ☺

Yeah, I know them pretty well and can tell (fingers crossed) when something's off vs. just being a "mood".

His doctor is hoping he will be able to come home today, but we'll just have to wait and see! His gut is still moving, just really slow.

We're not out of the woods yet!

Props to you for keeping a close eye on him.

Good luck, Lucas!

Just got back from visiting him at the animal hospital! Poor pitiful little guy! He was happy to see his daddy, though and I even got some purrs while I was petting him!

The exotic vet tech said he has been eating, and he gobbled up some greens they gave him!

Sub-cu fluids tonight and hopefully he'll be home in the morning!

So, update. Lucas was discharged and sent home on Saturday. I only check these forums at work, as I don't really "do" computers at home. He is on a bunch of meds, but to sum up, he's on gut motility meds, antibiotics and pain meds. He's been eating and pooping, but not enough to make me happy. To be fair, though, this is the first time I've paid a ton of attention to it, so it may be nothing.

This morning, however, he seemed to be his usual self. When I woke up and went in to his room, he was in his litter box, munching, and came right out to play when I opened up the door! I got some zoomies and binkies, and he was an absolute terror when trying to give him his meds! And, when it was time, he jumped at his greens like he normally does!

We still have several days of meds left, and I don't intend to deviate from the prescription, but he seems to be MUCH better!

Thank you all for your support and kindness!

Latest posts

Back