Winter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexBunniesLop

Reaction score
It's already winter and getting so dark around late afternoon here. In addition to this I find myself getting tired earlier, probabley due to the fact you cant do much outdoors in this miserable, cold, dark weather. I do love snuggling on the sofa in winter on the other hand :)

Cant wait to hear if you all feel the same

Ya it's funny, it's the first day of Winter and we got a miserable day with hail stone and sleet. It was only 4 degrees all day. I do like cold weather though, just as long as it's dry or snowing.

I hate driving in the winter the most. We get a lot of snow here and the side streets are always horrible as they don't get plowed much. Getting stuck and having to dig your car out isn't fun when its -30*c and 7:30am.

I do like winter though, you'd have to since we have 6 months of it. The best is sitting by the fireplace with my doggy and reading.

Winter has definitely arrived here. Its around -5*c and snowed all day. It was the first bigger snow of the season and driving was terrible. Took forever to get anywhere and tons of accidents. Thank god for winter tires

I love all four seasons and feel thankful tom live where I experience all of them!

I'm loving fall right now, the trees are beautiful but the leaves are falling so it's coming to an end. But that's okay i find myself looking very forwad to winter, snow, holidays, the fireplace, baking, warm sweaters, the whole 9 yards. :)

The cabin fever "depression" so to speak doesn't hit me til feb or march if winter still has a hard hold at that time.

Yes, days are getting shorter.

I grew up where we had 'winter' but I can hardly use that name where we live now.
It's been in the mid 80s (F). --no wonder I'm always behind with Christmas shopping-- I'm still waiting for the weather to tell me it's time. :big wink:

I do remember taking half a day (or more) to switch out summer clothes for winter around this time. Now I just have one drawer where I switch my bathing suits for a couple sweaters. :p

Hmm, we can do a winter list.

Dislikes:

The cold (We have winters where it dips to -40, now THAT is cold)
Feeling terrible that my horses are outside
The cold
Icy roads
The cold
Shovelling the driveway
The cold
Shorter days
The cold
Not being able to make a ton of money working at the golf course
The cold
The headaches when chinooks leave and the temperatures drop
The cold
The extreme lack of snow plows in Calgary
The cold
That freezing feeling when you're just shivering right down to your core and you can't get warm
The cold
Wind chill (Once made it -49 here one winter, yay!)

And did I mention... IT'S FREAKING COLD!!! I mean, when we have warnings on the news to not go out with skin bare because it will freeze in under a minute without proper protection... That just ain't right.

Conclusion = I hate winter.

Haha thanks Suzette. I don't cope well with heat, and my delicate skin burns easily. I'm paranoid about skin cancer too. The thing with the cold is, you can always put on more clothes, but with the heat...yeah. :p

And um, yeah! He's a large breed! That's Reuben, and he is not overweight. Just FYI. *nods*

:p

@grace - it was hailing here yesterday too , scared my dogs, then one of them tried to eat it off the ground :s

@suzette - oh no i havent even thought of christmas shopping yet :/

Rachel I hate the cold too!

Or rather, I hate when there's no heat in the house and it's cold. I hate summer because it's too hot, and I hate when it's too cold in winter (but I love looking at snow).

Latest posts

Back