Willow's Health

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
You can use Neosporin, but not Neosporin Plus. The Plus has a painkiller in it that is bad for buns to lick.

I have heard of this happening with injections before. Keep it clean and keep an eye on it, and she should be fine.

What would happen if a rabbit licked Neosporin Plus...and how long does it take to see symptoms? Cuase I think I might have used just a tiny bit of that on her before I wrote this thread...god I'm such an idiot...but she seems to be doing just fine...

and when you say keep it clean...what exactly should I do? Should I use hydrogen peroxide solution? Cotton balls...tissues? I'm worried...thank you!

Also..angiluv..yes, I am talking about Peters Wound Aid...does it work? thanks

-Vanessa

PS. Also...does a warm washcloth compress help??? thanks!!

I don't think Neosporin Plus would be a major issue unless you are putting it on her repeatedly or she got a big glob of it. Just watch for typical upset stomach problems, and make sure she is eating and drinking like usual.

A warm washcloth should be enough to keep it clean. It's a small wound, right? You could call your vet in the morning for advice- they should be able to tell you that over the phone.

I used Peters Wound aide once and just bought it recently. I think it worked great to clean the area but I don'tknow if it would have the soothing effect of a salve like Neosporin. Iknow that it doesn't sting because my rabbit had no painreactionto it. Then again she probably wouldn't be licking it off as it is a liquid. I still think that you should call your vet tomorrow but probably nothing we mentioned would harm her.

Hey, thank you so much! You guys are the best. She's doing just fine...she's flopping in complete contentment right now as Itype this....I'm going to go buy some regular neosporin today...the actual wound is only aboutthe size of a dot on a piece of paper made by a sharpie marker....and then there is raised skin around it...looks almost like what it does on my skin when I get a mosquito bite...then just some baldness around that and hair with oily flakiness...that's the best I can describe it...she doesn't seem to be in any pain; only itchiness...I'll continue with the warm washcloth, she seems to like that...and a little regular neosporin!!

-Thank you so much!

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back