Willow's Health

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VNess2010

Reaction score
Sooo...I figured I might as well update you guys as to what's been going on. Cosmo is as healthy as can be..Willow on the other hand has given mea couple of scares. A couple weeks ago I woke up one morning to the absence of her digging at the cage..she didn't want to eat either, so I knew something was wrong.I def. new something was wrong when she leaked a small drop of a bloody fluid...so I brought her into the vet, they took a urinalysis and did an ultrasound of her liver and took xrays...and they found that one of her kidneys is much larger than the other one and that her liver is kind of large. hmmm...so, they figured she might have some kind of kidney infection so they gave me Baytril...she was on it for a week, i brought in a urine sample...Dr called and said her urine looks a lot better, but she wants like, 10 more days of Baytril! ugh...which is annoying because Willow haates it and I hate stressing her out! But, she's doing just fine...except...

yesterday i noticeda questionable lump on the back of ner neck...it's like, on the skin in between her shoulder blades. The skin on the area is red and crusty...I can't really get a good pic of it..she doesn't seem to be in any pain....but I'm taking her into the vet tomorrow just to find out what this wound/lump is! So, that's about it....I'll let you know what's going on with her after the vet appt. tomorrow...

Thanks for reading all this if you did..hehe

-Vanessa

Hey guys! Just came back from the vet and it's really nothing to worry about. The vet took a look and said it's probably not any type of lump...it looks more just like a scab that if you picked it off, it would bleed. That's around the spot where they injected her with fluids and antibiotics 1 1/2 weeks ago...so it's most likely just a wound that has developed from where they injected her..ugh! So...the vet just told me to put a warm compress on it and put vitamen E on it...and to watch to see if it goes away and if more show up anywhere...soo..that's about it...nothing too big! And hopefully I won't keep finding all these things wrong with her!!

-Vanessa
:bunnydance::sunshine::jumpingbunny:

Yea, it's pretty nice...I think that the scar is a keloid that formed because of the injections last week...i bought some vitamen E capsules and squeezed the liquid onto the scar...she's been trying to lick it off, but i think it's just exactly behind her head in that one spot she can't get...but i don't know, i might be wrong...it seems to be itching her a bit...but other than that she doesn't seem to be in any pain...so yea...keloid...take a look at this link if you wanna know what that is:

http://www.medicinenet.com/keloid/article.htm

Here is a pic of her wound, I don't know if you can see that well, but I circled it...

n51401655_30055881_3431.jpg

Vanessa

Well, Willow scratched her scab off this morning and it started to bleed...so i just stopped the bleeding with some tissues and I've let it be since then...I stopped putting vitamen E on it cause it just made her fur so oily...and I don't know if it's good to put Vitamen E on an open wound like that...so it has stopped bleeding now..and it's just like, a raised bald spot with a little circular wound inside that is red, but not bleeding...and the fur/skin around is flaky and oily...so I don't know what to do...

should I leave it alone and let it heal on its own? Should I go out and buy this rabbit wound solution that I found at Petco? Will it hurt her if I put neosporin ointment on it? (the kind I use on myself for minor cuts)....any answers or suggestions on how to treat a small wound are helpful!

thanks!

-Vanessa

When I got my rabbit injected with fluids when she was very dehyrdated it never left a scab or anything.

I'm trying to think of a way somehow you could put some gauze or soemthing on there to keep it clean but I'm stumped! Try asking your vets about neosporin as I really don't know.

Do you mean Peters Wound Aide from Petco? I've used that on cuts.I think that you really should call your vet and ask him but I've also heard that you can use a very weak betadine solution but that is to avoid infection...I don't know if Neosporin is safe someone else will have to answer that.

You can use Neosporin, but not Neosporin Plus. The Plus has a painkiller in it that is bad for buns to lick.

I have heard of this happening with injections before. Keep it clean and keep an eye on it, and she should be fine.

Latest posts

Back