Willow went over the rainbow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h.sullivian

Reaction score
We lost our beautiful girl today. Very suddenly. Not sure what happened. Don’t think it was stasis as we have dealt with that before with our boy rabbit.
They were bonded and we’re worried about how a bonded male will cope with the loss of his mate. Any ideas on how to get through this?
Thank you

Attachments

• C567E6D0-0A5A-4209-9DB6-56AB5852D244.jpeg
    C567E6D0-0A5A-4209-9DB6-56AB5852D244.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 14
We are of course giving him as much love as we can but he’s very depressed 😔 we are torn between waiting for the shock to subside and getting a new friend for him.
It’s been devastating today.

Thank you
I have seen on Facebook a litter of 3 Lionhead kits that seem to be very badly looked after (wrong food, matted fur, small enclosure) I’m so tempted just to take the babies and love them and let my boy Cookie be a surrogate dad. Would this work?

So, awful news. Our boy, Cookie, also passed away after 3 days under the vet’s care. We are devastated as the vet says he was severely depressed after Willow left us.
We have, however, rescued the litter of 3 Lionhead does (Sage, Midnight and Jet) and are shocked at how neglected they are- their long fur is matted, falling over their eyes and their claws are horribly long. They are nervous girls who will need a lot of care and love. I feel that we were meant to rescue them. We are determined to see them to full health. Please keep giving us your best wishes and prayers for these new babies who are here to help us too. They may heal our devastated hearts over losing our lovely bonded pair.

Praying that those lionhead babies live long and happy lives! So sorry about what happened to Cookie and willow. Make sure you give those baby buns extra love and care!

I'm sorry you lost Cookie! Thank you for saving those Lionheads! People like you are the reason bunnies survive in this world!

So sorry about your bunnies! I'm so glad you got those lion heads! It sure sounds like they need you just as much y'all need them. While I know they won't replace Willow & Cookie I pray they will fill the void. God bless you!

So more bad news. We lost one of the lionhead babies. She had a fit. We took her to the vet but by the time we got there she had gone. The vet says that because Willow and Cookie were vaccinated it’s very unlikely that it’s a communicable disease. We begged for help with the other 2 Lionhead rescues but he said because he can’t be sure what has happened he can’t give them anything to help. He basically says that we need to be prepared for them to go too. We are totally devastated. I can’t stop crying. We’ve literally stopped with the 2 babies 24/7 and so far they’ve been fine. The other baby has been sent for a post mortum. I’m drained and emotionally wrung out feeling like we’ve done something wrong. Anyone has any ideas? It’s tearing me apart, losing 3 bunnies in a week. 😢

What a stressful week you have had, I just can’t imagine. Wishing you all the very best with your girls, not just for their sake, but for yours too.

I wish I could offer some advice about what to do, but hopefully someone with more experience can give you some guidance

Latest posts

Back