William and Me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here.My name is Fran and i'm 15. I got my bunny on Saturday. I've had rabbits in the past but being very young i have to say i was a useless owner. I probably nagged my mum for rabbits and then was petrified and ended up leaving her to do all the work. Rabbits probably aren't the best pets for young children anyway. :)

My new rabbit is called William. I got him from a rescue home where he was dumped in a box with his mum and siblings. I believe he is a broken fawn lop? Not sure if that is right, maybe you can tell me.

He's quite tame, likes being stroked but hates being picked up. I thus have scratches ALL OVER my shoulder. Its far too hot to be wearing round the neck t-shirts and jumpers so i have lots of big scratches on my chest that i'm putting ointment on everyday, hopefully soon he'll learn. I guess he just have to keep trying until he gets used to the fact that he doesn't have a choice about being picked up.

Currently he's kicking important CDs of my bedside table because he wants to climb on them.

Here are some pictures i took just now:

k003.jpg

df4fe888.jpg

ebfe5677.jpg

b2b72a4a.jpg

Will get him neutered when he's old enough and get him a girly friend.

Thanks

instead of just picking him up like i wanted to do when i got my Rabbit Saturday evening why not let him get used to you as he will get nervous and scratch.

How old is your rabbit? he looks a bit like my aunts

He's very cute, what an adorable face.

Some rabbits do not like to be picked up at all. We have 4 bunnies, 1 will let you pick him up at any time, two of them absolutely will not let you pick them up, we have to wrap them in a towel when we cut their toenails,and the baby will let you hold her for a couple of minutes only.

I hope your scratches heal quickly, I do agree it's far too hot to be wearing t-shirts or jumpers. (are you from GreatBritian?)

Soooska:apollo:

Yup, i'm in Kent. BOILING! Ive been gardening and my knees are all scratched up because i have t wear a skirt because i only have nice white trousers that are cool enough!

I'm quite thankful fo the heat actually, going to Spain in a few weeks so hopefully i will be slightly aclimatized to it so i won't be so uncomfortable!

William has a frozen tile and icey water in his run. I stuck my head in his run to see what it was like. Very warm for him. Ice bottles freezing away in the freezer at the mo.

All my chocolate melted :(

Your bunny is very cute. I love the colos, William looks tame =) (good thing he is)

Just spend more time with yur bun, and it should get used to you

he's great he would be perfect for me lol. im looking for a lop rabbit from a rescue at a young age and a male :D

William is such a doll! and I love his name (Im a big fan of giving bunnies human names :). Sounds like youre doing a great job of reading up on rabbit care.

Cant wait to see more of this little guy!

-Haley

I agree with the human name thing. My oldest cat is called Herbert, my kitten is called Trixi which is a classic cat name i know, but i didn't call her that and i don't like changing animals names!

His mum was called Lucy, and when i get him a friend im thinking Jenifer or Brooke!

Definitely looks like a little doll. He may get better with being handled, and he may not. Either way, I'm sure he has the potential to be a great little friend! I love his name, too... one of my biggest pet peeves is when people name their pets useless names like "fluffy", "cutie", "brownie", etc. YUCK.

Well on the handling side, my friend who has five buns came round today and wanted to get out "Willy". I told him he was a little scrabbly but seriously he picked him up and it was amazing. He didn't scurry much (only a little bit at the beginning) and calmed down so much i even managed to lay him down in my arms, resting his head in my hand and he fell asleep!

He's going to saty with him while im on holiday, so maybe he will come back a little friendlier!

Latest posts

Back