Will work for food?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But its not right punishing hard workers for the laziness of others just to prove themselves.

Wow that's crazy, in Ireland that is totally illegal. Does she know how long she is going to have to do it until she will start to get paid? Here, even for training days you still get paid.

i guess im lucky, as ive never worked a day in my life without being paid... (except for voluteer work of course) and niether has my husband... ive done jobs that required training and was always paid! In the field that i am in (im a nanny) i have had people try to get out of paying me or try to "trade" things for my services lol but if i agreed to things like that i would NEVER get paid! In MY expireince people will take as much advantage of you as you let them... so when i encounter those situations, i am clear! if im not getting paid on time, im not working!

i also understand what its like to be hard up for work! my husband was our sole provider for years and i didnt work. and he lost his job back in 2010 and was out of work for nearly 18 months! he only took one job, in which he wasnt paid in money... but he was still compensated VERY well! we were struggling and could just barely pay our bills but had no money left for food or gas... he got a job stocking shelves at a local grocer... he work 25 hrs a week and we were allowed to get a weeks worth of groceries and one tank of gas, but it was certainly more than just a sandwhich! it was such a blessing to us!

i really hope she finds something else soon!

I agree with you fuzz16.

It is illegal for someone to work long hours for just a sandwich. She should be at least getting paid minimum wage for those long hours that she is working. She is getting taken advantage of. Some businesses do this to people and it is illegal.

When I worked for Dairy Queen, they paid me minimum wage and I got 50% off my meals if it was within a half hour of my shift, either before or after, and anytime was like 10% or 25% off my meals. They said that I could come back because I was a hard worker and I was willing to learn, plus I had a positive attitude every single day, also I stayed in touch with my manager about my migraines. I even went to work with a migraine, they sent me home. But showing up showed them that I was willing to work and not let my headache take over.

Latest posts

Back