will my rabbits be depressed when I go back to in person school?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Sam_

Reaction score
I always have one of them with me on my desk all day and I was wondering If they would get freaked out or depressed while I'm gone for most of the day. there will still be people in the house, though

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
When I go to school in the fall Theo will be all alone in my room, and the rest of the house will be empty. I do want to get him a friend, but I highly doubt my parents will let me unless the vet says he needs a friend. I don't know how to answer this question, but I'm going to follow this thread because I was wondering the same thing.

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They'll probably be fine. Rabbits mostly sleep during the day anyways. You can always keep music or a tv on if you think some background noise will help comfort them.

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I don’t know about your buns’ sleep schedule, but mine generally take themselves off to my bedroom around 11am and can sometimes sleep from midday until 6pm. I know they have each other, but I actually don’t think they notice whether I’m in the house or not haha.

As long as they have a few toys and things to keep them occupied in the morning, I think they’ll be totally fine. They will most likely snooze through the afternoon and will be ready for play time when you get home.

LizzyMayHarvey

Reaction score
I reckon they will be fine. Rabbits are more like cats then dogs and don't seem to mind being left alone. They have each other so shouldn't be lonely and if I were you I would leave them a toy to throw around and some space so if they feel the need for speed then they can race around. But as already said, they will probably just sleep most of the day anyway. :)

Mac189

Reaction score
A duo probably won't miss you one bit, although they will be excited when you get home. This year has been very school and work-intensive for me and the bunnies have been very happy just hanging out together. On the odd days that I have been able to spend hanging out with them working on homework, they've spent most of their time napping. I've seen Willa not even lift an ear from her bed for six hours before, and she had the entire apartment to play in. Mine tend to get the zoomies in the early morning and at 2 am, sharp.

A single rabbit can adjust its schedule. They'll miss you, but will probably be happy to have the time to nap. I often leave the radio on for my bunnies and occasionally a movie (always something about bunnies, although my mom was horrified when I called and told her I let them watch Watership Down, apparently it's too dark for her grandbunnies)

SirLawrence

Reaction score
My rabbits have adjusted their schedules around my work schedule. Even when I'm home on the weekends, they will both go to their houses and nap around the time I would go to work anyway.

Freedom

Reaction score
They'll probably be fine. Rabbits mostly sleep during the day anyways. You can always keep music or a tv on if you think some background noise will help comfort them.
When toko is home by himself we have alexa on playing Jazz. Lol

Fuz

Reaction score
If you are still worried.. I think its a good idea to prepare them, in a way. Maybe everyday until you leave for school, leave them alone for 30 mins, then an hour or two at a time. This way, you can be rest assured that they will adjust to you not being around.
Good luck with school and be safe!