Will my rabbit continue to produce milk if all her babies died after 1 week ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo and cookie <3

Reaction score
Hi ! I have two rabbits a male and a female they breed without me knowing and the mom oreo got her babies at only 5 momths old ! Sadly the babies died after 1 week. Oreo wasn't caring for her babies and we had to give them kitten milk replacement and provide them with extra heat and during the night we had to hold oreo to make the babies drink her milk to at least remove the milk that may be painful for her. Unfortunately all the babies died. But now i'm worried about oreo. Will she still be producing milk ?
And is the milk painful for her ? What should i do ? Should i also let her see her babies to show her that they're dead just a precaution so she doesn't search for her babies even though she never really did ? Pls help me i'm really scared

You don’t need to worry. Her milk will dry up without problem. You can show her one of the dead kits but honestly, she’ll get past it pretty quick, especially if she wasn’t taking care of them.

Latest posts

Back