will my Lionhead/Holland Lops' ears flop ?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will their ears flop?!

• yes holland lop for the win!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trisho

Reaction score
Good evening!

I just recently got 2 baby girls; 3/4 lionhead 1/4 holland lop. They're both sisters, born on July 19th 2020!

I found a post online to have them rehomed and I immediately went and got them..
I've had these girls for about a week now, and they're currently going on their 10th week. I've read a ton of articles and forums saying that lops' ears usually flop between 4-12 weeks.
I'm nearing that 12 week mark and I'm not sure what to expect..

Considering they have more lionhead in them, I'm totally assuming that their ears will just stay upright but part of me was hoping that they'd flop. Either way, they're adorable and I love them regardless of the position of their ears. I suppose time will tell :)

I've attached several photos of the little bunny girls for reference !
Gold is Ellie and black is Juno. (Juno is comically laid-back and easy-going..)

Thanks all!
Stay safe :)

Attachments

• IMG_4973.jpg
    IMG_4973.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4974.jpg
    IMG_4974.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4976.jpg
    IMG_4976.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 12
Good evening!

I just recently got 2 baby girls; 3/4 lionhead 1/4 holland lop. They're both sisters, born on July 19th 2020!

I found a post online to have them rehomed and I immediately went and got them..
I've had these girls for about a week now, and they're currently going on their 10th week. I've read a ton of articles and forums saying that lops' ears usually flop between 4-12 weeks.

Considering they have more lionhead in them, I'm totally assuming that their ears will just stay upright but part of me was hoping that they'd flop. Either way, they're adorable and I love them regardless of the position of their ears. I suppose time will tell :)

Thanks all!
Hi. They are adorable but still very young and it is possible that ears will drop or will stay or will go half way to helicopters, sometimes it takes longer than 3 months, can be 6 months as well. The black one looks more like lionhead and her ears are shorter maybe she will stay this way for life but no guarantee with mixes. I had lop/lionhead mixes only 2 of 11 had straight after 6 months, others dropped. The black one looks a bit of one of the babies who had straight. The other one it's fifty-fifty. I have a little girl (1 year old now) I adopted her in January she was 5 months then so can't tell anything about parents, she keeps her ears down or up depending on her mood, and she can hold them in front of her like horns that means she is uncomfortable or protective. She's a beauty, looks a bit like your golden girl but without white marks.

Please keep us updated and post more pics :)
Hopefully they will stay bonded when they grow up, but watch them after 4-5 months or 7-8 months, they can go hormonal and territorial and start fighting for dominance, if it happens you will have to separate them and neuter both, then you can rebond them after one month post neutering. but if you are lucky they will stay bonded (doesn't happen very often unfortunately, but also possible)

Please keep us updated and post more pics :)
Hopefully they will stay bonded when they grow up, but watch them after 4-5 months or 7-8 months, they can go hormonal and territorial and start fighting for dominance, if it happens you will have to separate them and neuter both, then you can rebond them after one month post neutering. but if you are lucky they will stay bonded (doesn't happen very often unfortunately, but also possible)

Ditto that!

They'll almost definitely stay upright. With holland lops the thing that makes their ears lop is how far apart their ears are; the further the ears are, the more the ears lop (as opposed to, say, english lops where the weight of the ears is what makes the ears lop). These rabbits have ears that are very close to each other. They'll probably stay upright.

Good evening!

Thanks all!
I think her ears will stay up only because when I got my baby girl at 8 weeks her ears already dropped and she is also a half Holland lop and half White Lion head

Latest posts

Back