Will his ears still drop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve84

Reaction score
IMG_5795.jpgIMG_5798.jpgIMG_5797.jpgIMG_5801.jpg

Im just curious what you think about his ears are still able to drop even when he is already almost 18 weeks old?

I think his ears don’t look like (sorry it’s not my language...) a Rex? Is Rex the bunny’s with standing ears? But also he doesn’t look like a Holland lop yet. Is it possible his ears will just stay like that or still drop?

Thanks again
Eve

I hope I used the right section for my question if not feel free to move my chat!

I also don’t know where most of you are coming from but I assume USA [emoji631]. I come from Germany [emoji629] and here you are basically not allowed anymore since a few years to keep just one rabbit, I was also thinking of the option to just keep one rabbit indoors and not go with the “rules” but I’m also happy now that we decided to go for three and to build a big enclosure for them outdoor. Do you have similar rules?

Also I read somewhere that you don’t need to vaccinate your bunny’s as long as u don’t live in Australia or Europe, so does that mean you don’t have these rabbit illnesses over there? That would be fantastic! Here you can chose yourself if you vaccinate them or not, the breeder did already and I think I will also do it in future.

Eve

At 18 weeks he is still young and his ears still may drop. Is he a full holland or mini? or is he a mix? All rabbit ears have standing ears besides Holland lop, Mini lop, English lop, French lop, and Velveteen lop.
In the USA we don't have rules like that. Though some rules should be in place for certain things. Although some rescues may have rules like that.
We don't usually have those illnesses over here but we have had some small isolated cases of them, but not enough to need vaccines.
I'm going to look up and see if you have to have them in Germany.

He is a mix I assume as the breeder said the white one is his sister and she is a mini I definitely think her ears won’t drop that’s also what they said to me.

I would love it when his ears would still drop

He is a Holland lop we call it NDH I think it short for Netherlands dwarf and a Netherlands [emoji1179] word for hanging ears.

That’s very cool that you don’t have these illnesses over there! I cross my fingers for you that it stays that way! Do u think it is because u might have a different climate?
It cost quite a lot to get them all vaccinated so you will actually safe some money of not needing to!

Thanks for all the info!
Eve

I don't know if its because of climate. But I think I read somewhere that one was caused by a government releasing it to kill off wild rabbits as they were overpopulated. But I went back and looked at other posts from our past german members and I found that our health moderator said that they needed myxo, rhd 1, and rhd 2 vaccines.

Latest posts

Back