Will fire works scare my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun71

Reaction score
Hi,
My neighbor is having a fireworks party and I am afraid that BunBun will get scared of the fireworks. 🤷‍♀️
What can I do? Please reply soon, as we are having it tonight.
Thanks
- BunBun71

P.S. He is an outdoor rabbit.

Give good treats before the fireworks start and distract him. My bunnies dosen’t react to firework now, Odin was even once jumping around on the yard during new year. He didn’t care a bit over the firework.

But distraction, blasting a radio and taking them in will help. Toste first new year he got really frightened but second he had gotten more safe and comfortable, I just gave him a carrot to focus on and let him come indoors.

Hi,
My neighbor is having a fireworks party and I am afraid that BunBun will get scared of the fireworks. 🤷‍♀️
What can I do? Please reply soon, as we are having it tonight.
Thanks
- BunBun71

P.S. He is an outdoor rabbit.
Hi, we just had this thread a few weeks ago, fireworks can be very dangerous please take precautions.
I would take your rabbit inside, find most quiet place for them, most isolated from outdoor noises, I would also provide a safe hidey places for them, would have TV or movies on before they start and would gradually make it louder before that time so it wouldn't be like sounds of fireworks in total silence. Give them lots of soft stuff or if you can take them on your lap and pet during that it would be good. Haybox, toys etc, use everything to make them feel comfortable.

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/bunnimon-is-ill-i-am-scared.98784/

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone!

Now I know how to keep my bunny safe! :)

Thank you for all your help. :) I decided that I was not going to bring BunBun in.
He was ok. And the fireworks were not that big. Only a few big ones. Not too bad.

Thank you for all your help. :) I decided that I was not going to bring BunBun in.
He was ok. And the fireworks were not that big. Only a few big ones. Not too bad.

I’d been wondering about fireworks affecting Marlow too, but he didn’t seem to care about all those bangs and booms.

Our rabbit is inside and never reacts to them. Our dogs are the real problem--we bring them in before the sun goes down, sedate them and keep the TV up louder than normal. Our small dog is 176 pounds so they aren't comfy when they try to be a collar.

I know this thread was from a week ago but I'm still gonna say something:
It depends on your rabbit but most rabbits have sensitive ears and get frightened very easily. I would recommend to permanently move your rabbit indoors. I know this isn't possible for everyone and I don't know your rabbit or how its living situation is. Maybe (s)he prefers it outdoors and has a lot of space and warmth. A lot of the time this isn't the case and it's better for the rabbit to live indoors. If you think the rabbit is fine outdoors just bring it in when these cases happen. You might want to consider it with RVHD2 going around too. :)

Latest posts

Back